𝓐 𝓥𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓽 𝓕𝓻𝓸𝓶 𝓐𝓷 𝓞𝓵𝓭 𝓕𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓶𝔂

"You had a choice, you chose wrong"

✰✰

~March 4th, 2006~

Addison watched Isabella leave Jacob another message, it had been a month since Jake finally phased, and just like Sam said he would, he stayed away from Bella claiming to have mono. "Jacob, please call me" she finally hung up leaning her forehead against the phone her desperation having reached its peak. "Bells it's mono" Addison mumbled from her place on the couch, "he's too sick to even call?" the human asked making the vampire roll her golden eyes, "you gotta wait it out, you even have mono? it sucks". Addison stood up patting Bella's arm sympathetically, "I'm sure he'll call eventually" she knew it wrong to give the girl false hope but she didn't know what else to do at this point. "Look... I have to go home for something, you wanna come?" Isabella sighed forming her own little plan in her head, it was the one place she hadn't looked for Edward, and she needed to go alone, "no- I'll stay here". Addison nodded chewing on the inside  of her cheek, she would never admit it out loud but she was kinda glad for a few moments of peace where she didn't have to hear the words Jacob or mono. "Alright but actually stay here, or if you do go somewhere call me please, I don't wanna worry like last time". 

✰✰✰

Isabella tried to navigate her way to the meadow referring to a map, she was more afraid of the hole in her chest than the bears Charlie and Addison warned her about, without Jacob, she needed Edward more than ever. She needed to know he existed there was only one place where she might find him or the feeling of him, memories of Edward and Bella lying in the grass surrounded by flowers sunlight dappling them as they looked lovingly into one another's eyes fueled her desperation. Finally, she spotted a clearing ahead and hurried towards it, she stepped into the clearing hopeful but her face falls, in contrast to the warmth of her memory, the meadow is cold, gloomy, cloudy, and no Edward... she closed her eyes trying to force Edward there but nothing works, her eyes open on the empty overcast meadow. Tears threaten to fall as she falls to her knees but then she hears a rustling noise, she turned toward it peering into the woods, another rustling noise coming from another part of the woods, she spun towards it but nothing, then she turns and jumped when she saw Laurent standing just ten yards away. "Laurent?"