thirty eight

We went up passing more floors until the elevator made a sound indicating we have arrived on the 13th. 

I followed Harry into the hallway as he led me while intertwining our hands. "Harry? What exactly are we doing here?" I asked, getting somehow suspicious. 

He turned to me while smiling. "I told you that I'm waiting for a friend here, darling." 

I pouted since there was no way he would do this kind of thing just to wait for a friend. He would always meet up with them at his house or even in cafes, not a freaking exclusive hotel. Unless..

I tilted my head in wonder. 

A special friend maybe? I bit onto my lower lip silently. 

"We're here." he announced and pulled out the card to scan for entrance. As a 'bleep' sound was heard, the door finally opened and he stepped to the side, giving me some space to walk inside. 

It was dark. 

I stopped and waited for Harry but suddenly the lights finally turned on and loud popping sounds were blasting along with cheering from a lot of people in the room. I widened my eyes and gasped in surprised as the confetti rained over me. 

I had to put a hand against my heart from being so shocked at the scene before finally smiling and realizing what was happening when they started singing a birthday song for me. 

There were a lot of people including our friends but the people who most stood out to me at that time were those three people at the front holding a cake for me.

It was actually none other than Harry's bandmates. It was the first time we had ever met after such a long time knowing Harry. 

"Oh my god." I smiled and looked at Louis, Liam who were singing their heart out and there was Niall in the middle, holding out the cake and getting ready for me to blow the candles on it. 

I turned to the back as I saw Harry nodded happily. I was about to blow them but Louis suddenly stopped me. 

"Uh-uh, make a wish first, darling." he said in such a warm tone. I grinned before doing so and closed my eyes. 

Dear God, I already have everything that I wanted but please give me your blessing and lead me to a more beautiful life after this. Please. 

I opened my eyes and unclasped my hands, blowing out the candles perfectly this time. The guests then cheered and I thanked everyone for the wonderful and unexpected surprise. 

"I'm sorry if this is such a small party but I figured I still need to do something for you." I heard Harry whispered into my ears. I blushed before shaking my head. 

"This is more than enough. Thank you, Harry." I hugged him and he plastered a kiss on my forehead. He definitely did more than he should today and I couldn't be more thankful for his effort. 

"Please, enjoy the party everyone!" Harry said and the people started to dance after the music started and socialize with everyone.

I smiled when Harry pulled me towards his friends. 

"Stel, these are my best friends. Louis, Liam and Niall. Guys, this girl is my girlfriend, Stella." he introduced us to each other. I shook hands with them and they gave me a welcoming look. 

"Hah, I wanted to meet you sooner and never knew you look more beautiful up close. Nice to meet you anyway." Louis said and Liam agreed. 

Niall then grinned. "You sure are really beautiful. Take care of Harry for us, yeah? He can be such a baby sometimes but yeah, I bet you know him better now." I laughed at his statement and Harry was even about to argue but  Liam then butted in.