forty-three (final)

Upon hearing him apologizing, I immediately looked up and saw his sad eyes gazing at me with such guilt filled in them. I frowned before shaking my head for I, still couldn't like facing him directly at the moment. Backing away from his grip, I turned towards the door and went inside but he quickly chased after me after briefly thanking Carol.

I ignored it and just dashed upstairs towards my room.

"Stel! Hey, wait!"

Liar. I didn't want to speak to the betrayer.

"Stel, please!"

I shouldn't actually run away either. I should listen to him but why was it so hard for me to do so? My anger really took control over me that I had become more selfish than ever. I reached for my doorknob and opened it before going inside. I closed them at my back but Harry managed to slip himself as well.

"Stel." I heard him panted slightly from chasing me.

"What do you want?" I coldly said. He tensed at my harshness so he made his way in front of me, looking for my eyes but I only avoided him. That only made him furrowed his eyebrows.

"I know I did wrong but..it wasn't what you think it is." he started to explain.

I closed my eyes and felt more frustrated tears fell. I then felt his hand tried to wipe them away but I quickly moved away and only sobbed. I've been hurt so many awful times and it never seems to be peace anytime soon. Why me? Why is it always me? Goddamn it!

"Why did you lie to me?" I asked with a broken voice. I sensed him fidgeting a bit, afraid of coming closer but he did anyway. He was brave if I would say.

"I have my reason."

I raised my eyebrows. "Kendall. So, you can tell her about your reason?"

He had a devastated look on his face at my reply but then sighed afterwards. "It really wasn't supposed to look like that. It's not what you think-"

"Then, what is it?!" I finally yelled slightly, already a crying mess. "I already saw everything, the way you knelt in front of her, giving her a ring and hugged her after that." I paused and glared. "How would you feel if I went out like that with some other guy?"

He shook his head and was about to speak again but I cut him off. "I trusted you. I trusted Ken too. You guys betrayed me like I was some sort of a heartless tool. Well, let me tell you that it fucking hurts! It hurts! I can feel the pain and it really damn hurts!"

Without wasting any more time, he walked forwards and captured me into his arms again. I struggled to break free but he was just too strong for me to resist that I grew tired and felt weaker. So, I just let my hands clutched onto his shirt and buried myself into his chest, crying my heart out. We gradually fell onto the floor with him still firmly holding me.

"I'm scared. I'm scared of you leaving me, Harry. Why would you talk to me in the first place if you're just gonna make me feel like this in the end?"

I trembled in his hold. He felt my body shaking so he immediately hugged me closer.

"Sweetheart," he started and this time I didn't cut him off. I hated the way he called me that when he was about to let me go after this even though I want to let him explain everything so that I could understand. Why would he choose to do that kind of thing to me and why did he choose to want to leave me-

"I'm not leaving you." I heard him spoke into my ear.

What?

At that, I raised my brows and gradually stopped myself from crying. "W-what?" my tiny voice whispered.