twenty nine

y'all are probably hating on me because of my constant lateness to finish this book.. sorry though but i will finish this as soon as possible! ;D

-

The next day, I was busy writing some new songs with some new melodies in the studio alone when suddenly my phone rang. Someone was calling me and as I took a good look at the caller id, 'private number'.

Collins.

I slowly put my guitar down before reaching for my phone on the desk. 

This is the time, Stella. 

Tell him how you really feel.

No more backing down.

"Hello?" I greeted but I only earned an angry yell from the other side. "What the fuck was that night supposed to mean, Stella?! I fucking heard your moans and shit! I told you I will hurt him, didn't I?" Collins sounded very unsatisfied.

I gulped before shaking my head. 

"Collins. We need to talk." 

There was a second of pause from him but he continued to yell afterwards. "What the fuck are you gonna talk about? You're scared that I might hurt your little prince, huh?"

I had enough.

"Fucking just listen to me, Collins! You don't own me. We're no longer together. Can't you just fucking accept that already? You hurted me before and I won't come back to you-"

"But I love you! Why can't you come back to me, baby-!"

"Stop it! I'm not..I'm not like before, Collins. I'm not that stupid girl who would fell for your tricks and get abused again. My life was fucked up back then because of you!" I finally yelled back while crying. 

"So just please..let me go from your life." I found myself pleaded. 

"No..no baby I can't do that. Please. Come back to me." his voice has gone softer, reversing the pleadings.

I sighed while shaking my head and smiled a little even if he couldn't actually see them. 

"You've gone too far with everything, Collins. Let's just say goodbye here and I will tell you this one time only. Please don't hurt anyone anymore. I know you can do so much better." 

"Stella... how could you do this to me? I'm trying my best to change for you."

"That's the problem, Collins. You shouldn't change for me. You should change for yourself. I'm sorry. I have to go. Please don't call me ever again. Goodbye, Collins." 

"Stella.. " he sounded very devastated.

"If you do something because of this, consider me gone forever, Collins. I mean it." with that, I ended the phone call.

My hands were shaky after that but I still proceeded to call Jerry for help.

"He called me and I tried to find some closures for us. I know I didn't do it right but maybe... just maybe he will find me after this."

"That's okay. You'll be fine, Stella. I will protect you with my men no matter what." 

"I have a show next week, Jerry." I murmured quietly. 

"I know, Stella. I understand." 

With that, we ended the call and I couldn't help but to pick up my guitar and stared at the paper on the desk. The lyrics were scribbled on it. 

Sometimes, this kind of experience somehow can give you a push to be better for yourself.

I slowly looked down at the strings and started strumming slowly.