chapter nine

It was the next day when I stared blankly into space, sitting in silence on my couch alone.

I was in my apartment waiting for Carol to show up as she was still doing her makeup in her room. I sat there while sighing patiently.

Even I didn't have any makeup on my face right then.

My mind suddenly drifted to yesterday's scenario when Harry was sitting here with me being in his warm embrace. Goosebumps started to rise again as I saw each and every hair on my arms becoming tensed.

Harry left after the rain had stopped pouring and I just thanked him afterward for accompanying me until late at night.

Nothing else happened by the way which I was kind of glad because I couldn't even afford to reply to his words when he said he was willing to be my distraction from now on.

The world must be playing with my mind lately.

I shook the thoughts off when Carol came into the view with a grin plastered on her beautiful face.

"Let's go, we don't want you to be late for your rehearsals." she squealed before reaching for her daily planner on the coffee table.

I rolled my eyes.

"It's not gonna be my fault. I've been waiting for you since forever."

She snickered before shrugging me off playfully which made me chuckled soon after.

"By the way, isn't there anything you want to tell me?" she asked making me looked at her in confusion but finally got the hint when she wiggled her eyebrows cheekily.

I could only smile while shaking my head.

"I think it's best to say that I don't want to share it with anyone if you don't mind."

She sighed but pouted right after.

"Aw, come on, Stel. Did anything happen between the two of you yesterday?" she widened her eyes at the second sentence but I quickly stopped her from imagining any further.

"It's nothing like that, Carol. It's just that it's better if only I keep this to myself." I went outside first as she could only whine again making me laughed at her childishness.

"Okay fine. But if there's anything that you want to share you know you can trust me, right?"

I nodded.

"Of course and definitely. I trust you with all my life." I hugged her until she finally smiled again.

My mind then drifted to think about Harry's words again.

I don't know what to do after this, Harry.

And should I even do something?

. . .

A few days later.

I released yet another new song yesterday so today I was about to go on stage to perform it.

I haven't seen Harry in these last couple of days by the way.

I should've thought that he was a busy person after all and that all of his words from that night were just pure pointless. Maybe he just wanted to lift my spirit up and nothing else.

I sighed and felt disappointed for no reason.

Damn it, Stella. Why do you even always get your hopes so damn high when it comes to things like this?

What did I expect anyway and why did I even do so?

While the makeup artist was putting makeup on me backstage, Carol suddenly barged into the waiting room.