chapter nineteen

A/n: woah thank you so much for the support, votes and reads, guys! I'll continue to do my best for this story! Love you all!

-

After we went inside, no paparazzi was to be seen any longer as the room was a bit more private this time.

I kept wandering my eyes around the room only to be stopping them on Kendall. She looked stunning just like in pictures on all of those fashion magazines.

I saw the dress she was wearing and surely they looked perfectly fitted to her body.

My level of insecurity suddenly increased rapidly. I felt small and kind of lost for a moment in the crowd.

All of these people were so high-profiled and elegant.

I don't think that I fit in here anymore.

This wasn't my place.

My head finally slowly hung lower towards the ground.

I don't belong here.

"Stel," a gentle squeeze on my hand brought me back to reality.

I look to my side and saw Harry was smiling.

"Are you alright? What's with the sad face?" He asked curiously.

I flashed a small smile before shaking my head.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I casually lied.

Harry, however, was no longer buying my lies.

"I can tell you're lying, Stel. Come on, tell me. You can share with me possibly anything." He reassured while coming closer.

My smile slowly dropped and I just turned sad like I wanted to be in the first place.

"I-"

"Hey, Harry." A voice greeted from behind me so I immediately turned. I didn't know if I should be glad or more sad than ever because the person was actually Kendall herself.

She came over here just to meet Harry.

"Hey, Ken." Harry smiled back to her and my breath halted after hearing him called her by the nickname.

Was that how he actually called everybody? I used to love hearing him called me 'Stel' but now I just don't know what to feel anymore.

I don't feel special.

"Your outfit is so nice. I really like it! Definitely Gucci right?" She exclaimed and Harry chuckled before nodding in agreement.

"Absolutely."

Suddenly her eyes moved towards me and she raised her eyebrows as if she just realized something peculiar.

"Hey, Stella Lancaster, right?" She beamed. I smiled showing my professional side and just threw all those insecurities away for a moment.

Not to mention that I also felt a bit surprised that she knew my existence.

"Yes, that's me. Nice to meet you, Kendall. You look so much more beautiful in person." I complimented and she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

She was indeed very beautiful.

She chuckled while holding my hand in a friendly way which I just played along.

"Thank you. You look very stunning too, Stella. I really love your dress! You matched with Harry by the way." She pointed towards Harry and he finally put an arm around my waist which actually caught me by surprise.

He just did that very casually in front of his ex. Why was he behaving like this?

A part of me felt very proud of his bold move but another part of me also felt concern that maybe he just did that to show off.