chapter seven

Stella's POV:

I silently finished making our dinner and went to the dining table only to see Harry already done with setting it up.

He saw me and smiled.

"Finished. Let's take the food here, yeah?" he said and I nodded appreciatively.

"Thanks, Harry." I said.

Who knew that the worldwide superstar was setting up the table by himself in my house. I know, crazy right?

We went inside the kitchen again to take the food. After putting them on the table, we sat down and began eating. My eyes warily eyeing him because I wasn't feeling confident about the food that I've made. Only now I came to realize that I was making food for Harry Styles.

He took a bite of the mac and cheese and frowned slightly.

I gulped nervously.

I guessed he didn't like it. I should've known better.

"I'm sorry if the food tastes terrible." I bit my lower lip apologetically. He must have used to eat expensive food all his life. Mine just never beat all those almighty levels.

He eyed me before smirking.

"Terrible? More like terrific." he complimented instead making my cheeks blushed so hard.

"Oh really? Glad you like it then." I nodded.

He chuckled slightly and we continued eating in silence. It was a bit awkward for me but Harry on the other hand only ate comfortably like he was at his own house. Not that I mind or anything but couldn't he sense how nervous I was being right at the moment?

I mean he was my celebrity crush damn it.

Also, he was now a friend of mine.

That means he was technically my crush without the word 'celebrity' at the front.

Wait.

What?

Realization suddenly hits me hard.

No.

I shouldn't feel like this anymore towards him. Towards any men to be exact.

I would only end up getting hurt again.

"Right, Stel?" I suddenly heard his voice shook me off from my thoughts.

Oh shoot.

I didn't know that he was talking to me and what even the subject was so I just agreed.

"Y-yeah, right." I smiled nervously and looked up to him.

He was not smiling whatsoever but only stared at me with a slight frown.

"What?" I asked innocently.

He looked down at my food and backed towards me again.

"I didn't even talk about anything yet but you just agreed bluntly. You were clearly spacing out. What's wrong?" he stated making me blinked. I was caught red-handed this time.

I sighed and shook my head.

"Sorry. It's just that.." I trailed before pausing and smiling.

"Nothing."

Harry somehow grew frustrated a bit at my behavior. I noticed it.

"You always avoid my question, Stel." he wiped his mouth and already stopped eating. I bit my lower lip before doing the same thing. I knew I had messed up on this meeting of ours.