chapter five

I wiped the last tear away from my cheek as the sun shone directly towards my face.

I slowly sat upright on the bed but still hugged the blanket close to me.

The meeting with Harry yesterday was probably the most amazing yet embarrassing at the same time that had ever happened in my life so far.

I sighed sadly.

"Stupid me." I scolded myself and sniffed.

"You know that you shouldn't blame yourself, honey." Carol came into my room with a cup of tea in her hold. She smiled and handed it to me as I thanked her in gratitude.

"But I just know that my future will be messed up for sure because of this. It costs me a lot of pain and surely no one else would understand." I looked down towards the mug.

Carol shook her head.

"You didn't want this to happen either way. That guy is at fault, not yours. You're just shocked by what you had seen. You have to learn to let go."

I smiled weakly.

"Let it go? He destroyed me mentally. He was my first love, how could I ever forget?" I bit the bottom of my lip harshly but Carol saw it so she immediately calmed me down.

"You can't harm yourself anymore, not like this. The scars soon would only make you remember things." She hugged me.

I heaved out a breath of relief as I felt myself calming down.

She rocked my body back and forth in her embrace and we were silent for a moment.

Just when I had closed my eyes to enjoy her company, her voice was heard again.

"You know, Harry was pretty worried about you last night." At that, I stopped moving and broke away.

My attention was now fully on her.

"How so?"

I gulped nervously, waiting for her reply. I just hoped that I really didn't look that stupid.

She sighed before smiling slightly.

I looked down at my hand before gripping the cup and took a sip of the drink.

"I must looked like an idiot, right? And Harry must have told the other employees about what had happened-" I was getting upset with myself but she immediately cut me off.

"Don't be so negative, Stel. It wasn't anything like that. Besides, he isn't a bad person after all." Her smile slowly lit up.

"How do you know that?"

She clasped her hands together to begin her story telling session. I only observed her gestures.

"Well, after I took you outside into the car when you were still in shocked, Harry actually followed us. He stopped me and told that he knew this wasn't supposed to be known by other people so he would keep it as a secret voluntarily."

My eyes widened a bit upon hearing her statements.

Harry really did that?

Harry's POV:

"I'll keep this a secret. Don't worry." I told Stella's assistant and making sure that they leave quietly. I knew that Stella was having a bad time now.

And I definitely knew that something was off about her.

She seemed to be so scared about something. Something that had triggered her real bad.