chapter ten

I looked at myself in the mirror before sighing.

"I don't even know why I wanted to be a bit prettier tonight." I said and looked at my perfectly loose curl hair and even had a light makeup on.

Natural, just highlighting some few things here and there.

That's how I was. Looking bold with heavy makeup on stage, all light and natural when off stage.

"You look gorgeous, Stella. I love your shirt." Carol seemed to be smiling proudly.

"Thank you." I said back. I looked down and nodded at my simple yet comfortable outfit.

I was only wearing a white ruffle blouse, skinny jeans and a coat over them along with a pair of light brown Chelsea boots on my feet.

It was kind of chilly anyway here in LA.

"I don't even know why I'm agreeing to this in the first place. Maybe I was just too caught up in the moment." I said to Carol but she only grinned and clasped her hands together.

"Or maybe you just knew that Harry might be the one for you. Heads up girl, your crush noticed you."

I laughed at her remark.

"Now don't we get there yet. We're just friends, Carol. Even you know who's his exes were. You can't even compare me to them. They're all so beautiful and gorgeous." I replied.

"But do they stay long enough with him? Hear yourself, they are his exes. Not his wife." She suddenly said making me looked at her.

She smiled weakly.

"Maybe being beautiful or gorgeous isn't the one that Harry was looking for. Each person are unique, Stella. People always attracted to uniqueness apparently." She added.

I gazed at her in silence. For the first time in my entire life, I didn't know what to respond to her words.

Uniqueness.

Harry once told me about it.

"Darling, I don't care about popularity. I only care about how unique a person truly is.  Even your smile attracts me."

He told those things to me.

"Stel?" A hand came in contact with my arm. I gasped a bit but calmed down again only to see Carol getting flustered.

"You alright?" She asked worriedly.

I quickly shook my head before flashing her a smile.

"Yes, of course."

Just then, I received a text from Harry saying that he was already waiting in front of the lobby.

"Oh, Harry's here. I have to go now."

With that, I bid my goodbye to Carol while getting my purse and my phone and headed outside.

"Have fun!" She managed to shout.

I walked into the elevator and by now, I could feel myself getting nervous than ever.

This was the first time ever we're planning to hang out so it was like counting the minutes for us to see each other.

Before, the meetings were only coincidental.

The elevator finally came to the lobby level and so I walked out towards the exit. The receptionist smiled at me so I managed to smile back but they soon turn into a firm line again.