Chapter 3: The Outlawed Vets

Your face had grown hot and you couldn't stop staring up at the guy with a sheepish smile on your face. You snapped into reality once you began to notice you were staring with no words coming from your mouth.

"Oh haha, yea, sorry about that I tend to daze in and out a lot. I hardly ever pay attention to where I'm going." You said nervously. Beautiful huh? Well, isn't he a flirt? You began picking up everything you dropped until you felt his presence kneel in front of you grabbing a few things you had dropped and handed them to you, with that same sly and mysterious smirk on his face.

Okay now he's creeping me out but he's kinda hot

When the both of you stood up, you noticed three big familiar letters patched on the left side of his leather jacket that read "OLV." You gasped under your breath hoping he didn't hear or even notice you realized. He picked up on it and looked down to where you were staring.

"What? Do you wanna join us or something?" He asked his smirk falling from his face and sounding more serious than before.

The question threw you off guard though. "Huh?!?! Oh! No no no! I was just-." You were cut off by the intercom before you could finish your sentence.

AND THE WINNER OF THE EOR IS... RABID!!!"

Have I seriously been away that long? I missed Rumi's entire race. You thought to yourself.

"I- uh thank you for helping me but I kind of have to get back now. Sorry for bumping into you like that."

The guy slyly smirked down at you again and nodded. You guys both walked back to your groups before the next race started.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as you got back to the gang you gave everyone their snacks and waited for Rumi to return.

"RABID!!! You were crazy out there! Not surprised you're the first winner of the night though!" Keigo said with his usual smile plastered onto his face.

"Well I tried to keep my cool this time, but one of the competitors knew exactly what to say to piss me off..." Rumi said as she looked away sheepishly.

Everyone's eyebrows furrowed at what she had just said. Now Rumi wasn't the type to let things get to her easily... and if it did she's usually more uptight and triggered but this time she seemed more relaxed. What happened out there? You began to ask yourself but your thoughts were cut off again by the intercom.

ALL LONG DISTANCE RACERS, START HEADING TO THE START LINE.

Your bigger buddy, better known as Fat or his real name Taishiro, stood up with crumbs covered around his mouth.

"That's me! I'll see you guys in a little bit!" He said grabbing his belongings and hopping on his bike to head to the starting line.

We all wished him luck as he rode off before the race began.

"Hey, Y/N? What took you so long to head back over here? You missed Rabid's entire race." Keigo jumped up and asked leaving you with your stomach turning at the question.

"Oh I uh, ended up bumping into some competition and dropped everything-." You were cut off by the angry bunny who hopped right in front of your face.

"YOU DIDN'T EVEN SEE ME WIN? I HOPE WHOEVER IT WAS CUTE ENOUGH FOR YOU TO BE MISSING HOW FUCKING AWESOME I WAS, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU!" Rumi was now yelling directly in your face.

"I mean he was okay I guess. I was paying more attention to the patches on his jacket... he was one of the new members of the OLV. We didn't talk much, he just helped me pick up our stuff."

Rumi sat back down in response to that with her arms folded and looked up at the big screen waiting for Fat's race to begin. When you looked over at Keigo he looked like something was bothering him after what you had just said.

"You good over there bird boy?" You asked with a soft smile.

"Huh?! Oh yeah! I just think it's kind of weird how our biggest rival ended up just "bumping" into you like that... seems kinda odd..." Keigo said, now looking away and towards the OLV resting area.

You didn't respond. All you could think about was the man you just ran into. The light blue eyes that reflected off of the bright ass arena lights starring down at you like you were his prey waiting to be devoured. You wondered now after what Keigo said, was it a coincidence we bumped into each other, or was it just... a setup?