Chapter 23: All Your Fault

Y/N's POV

You finally made it back home from Dabi's apartment. You headed straight to the bathroom and hopped in the shower. The steam started to get heavier the longer you stood there. You didn't wash your body for about 10 minutes... you just stood there. Stuck in thought. Your mind was just flooded with so many things. Should I tell Keigo? You finally snapped out of it and grabbed your soap to wash up. Turning the water off, you got out, put on some pj's, and made it to your bed. You heard a loud knock on your window, most likely being Keigo, you weren't surprised. You opened the window to let him in. He walked past you and towards your bed. You could sense how pissed off he was, but why? Did he come to vent?

"Hey, you haven't dropped by unannounced in a while. What's up?" His back was turned to you and his fist was bawled up. You've never seen him this mad before. He was shaking. You walked up behind him and was about to grab his hand to turn him around but as soon as you reached out, his wings swatted your hand.

"Y/N, I honestly thought you were different." He slowly turned around and faced you finally. Tears were filled in his eyes. Keigo hardly ever cries. The only time you ever saw him cry was when he was taken away from his parents and when Shouta got hurt. Your face contorted and your eyebrows furrowed in confusion... What did I do...?

You nervously laughed. "What are you talking about Kei-." He cut you off.

"I ran into your friend, Dabi." Your stomach sunk into your throat. His voice was shaky now. You could tell he was holding back so many emotions. Every time you tried opening your mouth to speak no words were coming out. He continued but he was a little calmer now.

"You not only lied to me AND the rest of the gang... You just had to go and fuck him too huh?" His eyes locked with yours. They were filled with anger. You didn't know what to say. You couldn't lie out of this one for the moment being so you finally got the balls to say something.

"I lied to protect you guys, see!" You untucked the pendant Dabi gave you from the inside of your shirt. "I told you I got this from a boutique shop. But he gave it to me. He told me if I kept a couple of things under wraps about him, he wouldn't hurt you guys anymore." Keigo wasn't trying to hear any excuses. You were a full-blown liar to him, there was no changing that.

"So you lied about seeing him, you lied about where you got that shitty necklace AND you fucked him? Yeah like I'm gonna believe anything you say anymore." He rolled his eyes with his arms crossed. You've lied many times this entire month. Nothing you say can change how he feels... your heart was hurting. Like someone had physically jabbed their hands through your chest and pulled it out.

"You don't have to believe me, Keigo... But I did this for yo-." He interrupted.

"FOR ME? OH PLEASE CUT THE BULLSHIT ALREADY Y/N! YOU FELL FOR THE ONE PERSON, NO BETTER YET, A HIGHLY RANKED CRIMINAL AND YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THAT SHIT?" He walked towards you and was in your face. He looked down at the pendant around your neck. His knowing that was also a lie infuriated him even more. He gripped his hand around the necklace and snatched it off. He threw it across the room, making a loud clunk sound once it hit the wall, onto the ground.

Now you were mad, Keigo had every right to be upset with you, but him taking the one thing that was important to somebody else and just throwing it like it was his own... pissed you off. You stepped back a bit giving yourself some space.

"Leave. Now." You demanded. Keigo didnt move. His chest kept rising and falling while his fist continued to clench and unclench.

He laughed. "Somethings never change... you will always be fucking coward." He turned around and headed to your window but he stopped once you grabbed his wrist.

There were tears in your eyes now too, but not because you were sad... you were angry.

"A COWARD? FUCK. YOU." Your grip tightened.

He didn't even turn around to look at you when he responded. "Yeah... you're a liar and coward. You can't even tell your own best friend the truth until I find out some other way. Lucky for me, I found out from the guy thats not even actually interested in you... he just likes fucking you. fucking whore." He mumbled that last part but you heard it. You instantly let go, you could've used your quirk to retaliate that anger you had on him... but you couldn't bring yourself to do it. You were upset, yes.... but Keigo had always been there for you... Never lied to you... and all you did was make him believe that the energy was being matched... when in reality you were slowly turning into this monster in his eyes. He's trusted you ever since you were kids. When he first learned how to fly, when you first learned to use your quirk to cheat in a hide-n-seek, when you both realized that you had to carry on the legacy of being in biker gangs and competing...All of those memories... all that trust... was gone now. You've lied way too many times for Keigo to forgive you now... the friendship you two both cherished and loved so much... was broken.

Before he opened the window to leave he said one last thing... and it stung... real bad.

"Dont even bother showing up to your shift tomorrow... or for the next month... Your on suspension... If I catch you around us or the yardhouse... I'll... I'll call the police for invasion of privacy." He slid the window up, and flew out. You fell to your knees once those words left his mouth. You cant compete for a month. You cant see your friends. You had lost what damn near felt like everything... Something gleamed in the corner of your eye, It was the pendant Keigo had thrown. You stood up and walked towards it picking it back up in your hands. You squeezed the necklace in your hand tightly.

This is all your fault, Dabi. Why did you bump into me... Why did you ask me for my number... Why did you have to be the enemy here... the bad guy... Why did I have to slowly fall for you like this causing all of these problems for everyone around me that I care so much... WHY?

You picked up your phone and called him. You were stern and serious when you asked him to come over. You told him you needed to talk to him about something serious. You were still really upset so honestly you didn't really know why you called him over... the one thing you did know was that he made you feel good even if it's painful..
~~~
(Words: 1221)