Chapter 37: Are You Kidding Me?

You looked up at him.

¨Heyyyyy Keigo... What do you want?¨ You tried covering up the fact that you were beyond nervous right now with a more stern like voice.

He had flown over the moment he saw you.

Angry with the people you were so buddy-buddy with after all this time from not speaking to each other.

But he wasnt going to let you get the upper-hand here.

¨Tch.¨ He scoffed.

¨What're you doing here? This who you roll with now?¨ He couldnt help but laugh in your face while pointing at everyone in the OLV.

Even when the two of you arent friends, he always had the ¨Big brother¨ mentality, just in a more harsher way.

You rolled your eyes, standing up now.

For some reason you felt the need to defend your new gang even if you dont compete in the races tonight.

Even if they are bad guys.

¨Yeah. You got a problem?¨ Crossing your arms you stood in front of him.

Head held high, nobody could tell you shit right now.

Dabi was watching you the whole time behind you.

He was actually smirking.

You were hot when you were pissed off, he was glad you were paying no mind to him.

So he could be proud of his girl right now and how he has rubbed off on you.

Keigo's eyes furrowed, confused at this new demeanor you were carrying.

¨Heh. Not at all, Y/N. My bad for bothering you guys! Just wanted to check out the competitions, thats all!¨ His wings flared back out as he started to rise up from the ground.

¨Oh and Y/N,¨ You looked up at him now, still holding that strong-willed look on your face.

¨If you were ever to compete against me now... just know I wont go easy on you specifically.¨ And with that he flew off back to the BF resting area.

You sat back down, finally able to relax your nerves from that sudden tension.

You looked over at Dabi, who was staring at you the entire time.

His eyes glued to only you.

¨And what are you looking at?¨ You said rolling your eyes, breaking Dabi from the trance he was in.

He scoffed, ¨I'm looking at you pussy. Was it hard for you to not shit your pants just now?¨

Smacking him upside his head at that comment you looked down at your feet.

¨I know I agreed to not compete with you guys but...¨ You sighed, ¨I have to beat him. One time. That's it.¨

¨Why just once?¨

You sat there for a moment, not wanting to answer the question truthfully, but you did anyways.

¨I've never beat Keigo at anything... ever. And being apart of the same gang as him didnt really help with that.¨ You lifted your head back up. ¨This is the one time I can prove that, also he clearly thinks I cant. That bird needs to learn his fucking place.¨

Dabi couldnt help but smirk at that last comment.

The one thing about you that made him fall for you beyond your looks was the way you started to slowly but surely act like him.

Especially when people pissed you off or underestimated you.

Nodding his head in agreement, he told you he'd talked Decay and work something out.

*WILL ALL RACERS FOR THE ENDURANCE OBSTACLE RACE START HEADING TO THE START LINE*

Thats the race Rumi usually competes in. You thought to yourself.

RK also stood up to head out to the race since he was the one competing instead of Twice.

Fifteen minutes went by and all the racers for the EOR race were all at the start line.

*3...2...1... GO!*

You could see everyone on the big screens, your mouth instantly dropped when you saw it wasnt Rumi who was competing tonight.

¨Those bastards.¨ You mumbled under breath.

Dabi looked over at you before following your eyes up the screen.

¨Who is that?¨ He asked.

¨I dont know. Never seen her before.¨

Your fist started to clench and unclench.

You knew exactly what Keigo was doing, it was all starting to make sense now.

¨But this isnt gonna be easy for us. Keigo doesnt like new members. He thinks the originals are good enough.¨

Dabi's eyebrows furrowed in confusion but he could feel the tension beaming off of you.

¨Okay. And what does that have to-.¨ You cut him off, anger taking over your entire body all of a sudden.

¨If Keigo adds a new member its not because someone is gone or injured. Numbers doesnt matter to him. If he gets someone knew, theyre a threat. If you guys think they were good when I was with them... a huge storm is coming.¨

Dabi nodded, understanding what you meant.

He had just the idea for this situation but just as he was about to voice that, Decay stood up in disbelief.

¨Are you fucking kidding me right now? What the fuck is he doing?¨

You looked back up at the screen and your mouth dropped instantly.

¨Why is RK just sitting at the start line... while everyone else is racing?¨
~~~
(Words: 867) hey guys!!! since im behind I'm posting three more chapters so four total (;