Chapter 35: Ride (Part 2)

The two of you laid there in silence.

Dabi's arms wrapped around your torso, with his head laying on your shoulder. Your hands coursing back and forth through his hair as the two of you stared up at the stars.

¨We need to head out soon.¨ You said looking down at him.

He groaned into your neck, he was comfortable laid up like this with you.

¨Dabiii, c'mon I'm tired!¨ He clicked his tongue with irritation and stood up quickly.

¨Then let's go, brat.¨ He held his hand out in front of you, reaching up to grab it, he pulled you up.

It was a short 5-10 minute walk back to the motorcycle.

Dabi didnt let go of your hand once. It was like a new side of him, you've never seen before.

He seemed more gentle, more open, and way more caring than usual.

Was it because he finally opened up to you? Or because he made you his girlfriend?

You were asking yourself over a million questions, trying to figure out this ¨New Dabi.¨

He noticed how deep you were in thought, you didn't even notice that the two of you made it back to his motorcycle.

¨Hey. Earth to Y/N. You just gon' stand there like an idiot or are you hopping on?¨ He revved up the engine, ready to go. You nodded and hopped on the back, wrapping your arms around him as he laid one of his hands on top of yours.

His little gestures didnt seem like much, but every time he was the one to initiate anything, it made you feel tingly inside. Excited to know someone really enjoyed having you around, even if they suck at showing it.

The two of you were off.

Dabi wasnt driving reckless or fast this time. He seemed to be more cautious now.

It was like he wanted to make you feel safe with him, without having to tell you.

¨I'm surprised you know the speed limit.¨ You said in his ear, giggling.

¨Shut up, I'm not an idiot. Of course I know the speed limit.¨ He smirked slightly looking back at you. You were smiling, even tightening your grip around his waist a little tighter.

¨Plus the wind makes you all shivery and shit. Not tryna feel you shake right now.¨

That took you all the way off guard. Was he... being considerate?

¨Are you okay?¨

¨Yeah, I'm fine. Why?¨

¨You're being all nice and shit. Arent you supposed to be some mass murderer?¨

This is how you knew something about that cave changed him. Something about being there with you, changed him.

He was laughing. Full on laughing right now.

You've never seen him fully smile before, let alone actually laugh.

It was kind of scary, but your heart was full to see him be so happy with you right now.

¨Yeah. Apparently I'm something like that.¨ He squeezed your hand a little tighter. ¨But i'm not on the clock right now.¨

He sped up a little, your surroundings starting to get familiar again as you were back on your side of town.

Laying your head on Dabi's back the rest of the way home, you stared up at the sky the entire time.

Stuck in thought, taking in this entire day.... Your new life.

Those thoughts were soon cut off.

A silhouette in the night sky took you off guard.

It was like a person was soaring, with big flappy wings... and then it clicked.

¨Keigo?...¨
~~~
(Words: 587) sorry for any mistakes!!!