Chapter 31: Bothered.

You and Dabi arrived back at your apartment around 4:30 pm. The entire ride home he barely even looked at you, hardly said a word. When you both got inside, you had to break the silence, he was naturally quiet but you could feel the tension ever since you guys left.

"Whats your deal today? You've hardly said anything." He sat down on your bed avoiding the question, he kicked off his shoes and laid down. "Oh.. so you dont hear me or something?" You threw a pillow at his head, and that got his attention.

"You are so fucking annoying." He growled. "Nothing is wrong with me. Im fine why do you even care?"

"Because your acting like a little bitch more than I usually do." You sat next to him with your arms crossed, his head snapped in your direction and his hand instantly wrapped around your neck.

"So now I'm the bitch? Thats cute, but that role will always be yours."

You smiled up at him. "There you are. I was wondering when you would snap back into reality. I just have to insult you to get your attention, you're too easy." His grip tightened a little bit more, he was now smirking down at you.

"You know I wouldnt have to get an 'attitude' or anything with you if you stopped being an attention whore for everyone." He let go of you then, still keeping his eyes on you. Is this because I was talking to Twice and Toga more than I was talking to him? Is he jealous? This is hilarious.

"Last time I checked buddy, Im still very single... If I want to get attention from others. I can and will." He laughed at that comment. Now, nothing was really established between you two. Yes, you both enjoyed fucking each other, and you guys both somewhat care about each other as well... But neither of you put a title or label on whatever... this is. "Whats so funny?"

"Youre the type of bitch who's into those labels and shit arent ya?"

"Thats how this shit works??? What do you mean? If a man doesnt have the balls to actually tell me he wants me as his girlfriend or whatever, then I am allowed to be the biggest hoe that I want to be."

"So you want to be a whore?" You glared at him, the type of glare that read, "Shut the fuck because you know what the fuck I meant," glare. He couldnt help but laugh again.

"No dumbass, I dont want to be a whore. But why does it matter if I'm getting attention from other people? What are you jealous or bacon boy?" His laughter instantly haulted and he looked away. "Oh my god... you actually are jealous." He let out a heavy sigh.

"Nobody's jealous idiot."

"Then what is it? Why do you get all weird and quiet?"

"I just dont like you talking to them, the gang, I dont like them so why do you?" Aww he is jealous. How cute.

"Because I'm still my own person, Dabi." This time it was you grabbing his face and turning him to face you. Oh have the tables turned for him. "Know this much, It doesnt matter who I'm talking too, nobody has the opprotunity to fuck me like you do. Got it?" He rolled his eyes and grabbed your hand on his face removing it off gently. That did make him feel better, he wouldnt admit it to you but he needed that reassurance.

"Yeah. I better be." He mumbled.

"And besides," You untucked the necklace with blue pendant on it from your shirt, looking down at it in your hands. "If I wanted to be a hoe, I would. I dont just wear stuff that guys give me for the hell of it." He looked up at you and the pendant. It still shocks him knowing you would keep that thing with you for so long. And the way you look at it like its the most valuable thing in your life. It made him calm down back to his normal self.

"I know like why you keep that thing around your neck and shit... but why do you still have it?" His question confused you but you kind of understood what he meant. You kept it because it still meant that the both of you kept each others promise, but why do you care so much about it.

"Youre gonna make insult me, If I answer that."

"Just say it before I dont give a fuck anymore."

"Okay. Okay. The pendant, it reminds me of your eyes, before you clown me for something so headass just listen for a second." You were hesitant to proceed. "The first time we met, the first thing I noticed about you were your eyes, the have this comforting feeling thats within them... and your not really that bad of a person excluding the murderous activities you partake in. But when I look at the pendant, I think of your eyes. If I feel overwhelmed by something, I can just look down at the pendant and vision your eyes keeping me calm." Now you were just rambling. "We also talk to each other without even saying words a lot. Like with our eye contact, so that reminds me of that too." You smiled down at your pendant, it was really special to you.

Dabi was taken aback. He didnt think that piece of shit (in his mind) was so important to you. That it was a constant reminder and something that could comfort you like that. It made him smile softly just hearing you talk about how much it meant to you. It reminded him of his mother, and how excited she was to give it to him when he was younger... and how she also said it reminded her of his eyes.

"Sounds like your catching feelings, weirdo." He really hates expressing his feelings, huh?

"Thats really what you grasped from all of that? Jeez, remind me to never vent to you."

"Oh trust me, I'll make sure you know I'm not listenting to your shit." His smile grew as he stared at you. You couldnt help but smile back. The little things you guys did to communicate to each other, was slowly turning into your love language. Not much needed to be said. "Anyways, I forgot we should start getting ready soon. We have to meet up with Twice soon to get started on the mission."

You rolled your eyes at him, he was always so quick to change the subject when feelings where involved. It irriated you sometimes, but you knew he doesnt like being confrontational about stuff like that. "Oh yeah, youre right uh can you like give me a run down on everything again?"

He groaned, "God, youre such a pain. Im only repeating this information ONE last time, so pay attention, because I wont be helping you out much if we get caught up in some shit." He was kind of lying about that second part, he didnt want anyone to be able to hurt you except him. That was a rule he set for himself, and wouldnt allow anyone to lay a finger on you, and if they did... well you can guess what could possibly happen.

For the next hour, Dabi had gave you the entire mission plan in full detail. You had a good grasp on everything, and you felt as if you were ready to take this on. Your role was simple and easy, but you had to show out a bit so you could prove your worth to Shigaraki. Soon 6:45 pm rolled around. It was time for you and Dabi to head to the meet up spot where Twice would be waiting.
~~~
(Words: 1315)