Chapter 39: Memories.

¨What did you say?¨

You didnt respond.

You couldnt hear anything, just the memories and thoughts of you at the age 13 flooding in.

Nusa.

Flashback

¨Nusa!!! Wait!!!¨ You yelled trailing behind Keigo and Nusa.

They were always faster than you... better than you at everything.

You guys were a trio right before your parents had passed away.

Nothing could separate you guys.

Or so you thought.

¨Shut up Y/N! Just pick up the pace your always complaining!¨

You heavy sighed underneath your breath.

Irritated at the fact that you were no where as talented as Keigo and Nusa.

Keigo stopped and looked back at you.

His wings were full yet, still growing in each and everyday.

But even with that small amount of feathers on his back, he was still the fastest out of us three.

He reached his hand out with a big cheeky smile plastered on his face.

¨Come on. Hold my hand and just run with me so youre not left behind, okay?¨

You reached out trying to grab it but as soon as your arm lifted up, you instantly felt your body get shoved to the ground.

¨Stop babying her, Keigo! She'll never learn or be good at anything in life if your always helping her.¨ Nusa said.

¨Dont say that, Nusa! Y/N is very strong and independent! We just have to hel-.¨ Nusa cut him off by pushing him to the ground as well.

¨Just admit it. Your not trying to help Y/N get stronger or better at anything. You like her.¨

He gagged at her comment, standing back up.

¨No I dont! She's my best friend... friends help each other get better at the things they struggle with.¨

She scoffed and rolled her eyes.

¨Whatever. You guys are so lame sometimes.¨ She sat down next to you, putting her hand on top of yours.

¨Sorry. I just wish you could keep with me and Keigo.¨

¨I can keep up! I'm trying! I'll be faster than the both of you in no time!¨ You said with a sheepish smile on your face.

She rolled her eyes again and looked away.

¨I'll believe it when I see it.¨