21

Fuyu grabbed the porcelain vase and put it in her sleeve. She quietly looked at Zhu Caitong, who was as bright as a blazing fire, and finally said, “If there is anything you need my help with, just look for me.”

Saying that, she picked up the little pig that was still puzzled on the ground, tapped her toes, and with her free hand, parted the veil and flew straight to the corridor from which she had come.

Until she was carried by her master away from this rejuvenation hall, Shu Tang was still in the midst of her mind wandering.

She found that ever since she left the human realm with her master, her IQ didn’t seem to be quite enough anymore. Why couldn’t she figure out what the relationship between the woman in red and her master was?

Scratching her heart and mind all the way, and when they returned to the immortal realm, Shu Tang couldn’t resist, pulling the corner of her master’s coat and writing on the ground with her hoof – “Who is the woman in red”.

Fuyu has always been slow. On this journey, she only felt that her disciple had something on her mind, but she didn’t know that it was actually struggling with the identity of Zhu Caitong, so she sat down and briefly spoke to it.  

This Zhu Caitong was an object that had cultivated with her. Fuyu was a jade pendant tainted with the God’s Qi, while she was a carved flower hairpin tainted with God’s Qi.

Tens of thousands of years ago, Zhu Caitong was just a hairpin embedded with pearls and jades, with a delicate peony flower at the head. Later, under the influence of the God’s Qi, Zhu Caitong developed a consciousness and gathered three souls and seven spirits, eventually taking human form and embarking on the path to immortality. However, she encountered some misfortunes and gave up her immortal cultivation and turned to the study of pills, which became her own sect, and her pills were hard to find in the market.

There are many items that are tainted with the Qi of God, but back then, the only ones who successfully cultivated their souls were Zhu Caitong and Fuyu. The two of them are considered to be dependent on each other, but Fuyu is not willing to talk much, and it’s always Zhu Caitong who has always chattered incessantly, which is why she said that today.

When Shu Tang heard this, she nodded thoughtfully, and then wrote on the ground – “I also want to take human form”.

Fuyu smiled and took out the Fire Pill and stuffed it into its mouth, “Eat the Raging Fire Pill and go cultivate. After you transform all its medicinal properties into your own, I’ll take you to the barbaric wasteland and fix your spiritual roots for you.”

The Raging Flame Pill tasted good, with a fruity fragrance, similar to Zhu Caitong’s fragrance, but a little lighter.

After taking the pills, Shu Tang jolted off to the side hall to practice, not even eating the food that Qing Senyang had cooked. Fuyu instructed him to send the food to Luhua Shangxian to taste, and told him about the cat demon with Qing Senyang.

Qing Senyang thanked her and bowed down, leaving Fuyu sitting alone in the main hall dazed.

It had been thousands of years, and she had thought that she would never think of those things again. Who would have thought that in recent days, people and things that were inextricably linked to the past would appear one after another, stirring up memories for her one after another.

How could she forget those things? They are like a carving knife, each and every memory engraved on the jade, indelible.

Fuyu had told her disciple about Zhu Caitong, but in reality, the parts she had told were all irrelevant. The real bond between her and Zhu Caitong wasn’t about cultivating together, nor was it about the other party becoming a great alchemy hand, but rather the reason why the other party gave up cultivating immortality.