35

Shu Tang’s ears seemed to recall what Zhu Caitong had said to her and knelt in front of her master as her knees softened on the spot.

“Master, today this disciple was the one who had offended Master. Please don’t be angry with me!” She simply confessed all the mistakes she had made today, “This disciple should not have touched the master’s body, nor should I have made that promise with Miao Jinghan… the disciple is wrong, but please don’t drive this disciple away….” Before she could finish her sentence, Fuyu got off the bed and lifted her up in a baffled manner.

“Huahua, it’s you who has been thinking too much, I don’t blame you. I know that the matter of my original body is indeed unavoidable. As for the matter of Miao Jinghan, I am only trying to give you a warning, I hope that you will be able to distinguish right from wrong in the future, so you don’t suffer any loss in the future.” Fuyu stretched out her hand to brush away the falling hair in front of Shu Tang’s forehead, “You still have to walk your own path, I will not always accompany you. Now I am here to remind you, but in the future, you can only rely on yourself.”

Shu Tang was stunned listening and asked, “Does Master want to drive me away?”

“Of course not. However, you will one day become a master and have your own place and your own apprentice.” Fuyu curled her lips slightly, her smile blossoming with endless splendor, “Until then, I don’t ask you to be a teacher, I just hope you can teach your disciples well and walk your own way.”

The tone in which she spoke was no longer harsh as before, it must have faded away. But the words she spoke caused Shu Tang to be infinitely terrified.

Master was right, if it was just this kind of master-disciple relationship, one day they would become each other’s past. Shu Tang was not an ungrateful person, how could she forget the kindness of her Master and completely go her own way without caring about her Master?

She stared at her Master’s gentle and beautiful face with eyes that were filled with sparkling water, but in the end, she could no longer say a word. After a long while, she took a step back and respectfully bowed to her master, “Disciple will follow Master’s teachings and will not disappoint.”

With her master’s personality, she can get along with people who have had emotional connections like Zhu Caitong, and can also treat her humble apprentice who has a secret affection for her with a normal attitude. In other words, no matter what kind of wishful thinking you have in your heart, it doesn’t matter to your master.

Fortunately, my careful thoughts about the master are still in its infancy, so it doesn’t hurt to break it like this. Falling flowers deliberately follow the flowing water, and flowing water unintentionally loves falling flowers. What’s more, her master is not a flowing water, but a rushing river. After falling into the river, her little petal can’t cause ripples.

In that case, it would be better to let go early and think less of her master and practice more.

After the mess was over, the two of them rested for the night and returned to the Immortal Realm. When Fuyu left the City Lord’s Palace, she sent a message to Nantan, who immediately sent someone to keep an eye on Qing Senyang.

Unexpectedly, as soon as Fuyu returned to the immortal world, she heard Nantan, who had rushed here, say to her regretfully, “When we went to look for Qing Senyang, he had already disappeared. Luhua was reckless earlier and let him go back to the human realm, but I searched around for him in the human realm and couldn’t find his trace. I suspect that…. he is dead.”

Fuyu, who was standing at her own door, had a frown on her face, and Shu Tang, who was standing behind her, was also startled.

Wasn’t Qing Sengyang in cahoots with Miao Jinghan? She really killed him? Also, how could a man as smart as him die so quickly?