4

I go back to my room from Tony's sad by how upset he is, but I understand why. I figured I would drop my charts off now so I can prepare for James if the mission is successful.

I go back upstairs and start heading for the clinic checking all of the charts making sure they are ready for the new nurses.

"Helen!" I wave to Dr. Cho. "I've been taken off all of these cases. I think Fury already reassigned them to the other nurses, could you do me a huge favor and deliv-" I say as I'm finally looking up from the charts seeing all the nurses and doctors frantically running around.

"Oh my gosh what happened?!" I say feeling my heart rate pick up speed again.

"Well the mission was successful," she said trailing off. "I will get your charts later, you are needed in Trauma 1."

I quickly get on a gown and enter the room to see my best friend laying on the table unconscious.

"Stark finally we have been paging you for the past 5 minutes where have you been?!" A doctor asks, I was too shaken up to tell who.

"Um-" I say trying to gather words. I cant think straight. "Update me, tell me what's going on."

"Captain Steve Rodgers, multiple gunshot wounds, hemorrhage in the brain, broken ankle, fractured arm, broken collar bone." Says another nurse very frantically.

Before I have time to react Dr. Cho enters, "Page neuro and book and OR now!"

I panic looking around seeing what I can do to help but before I get the chance to do anything, Dr. Cho grabs my arm.

"I am so sorry I had no idea Steve was in here, maybe it's best you sit this one out and go see what other patients you can help," she says in a concerned tone.

"Maybe that's... a good idea," I say taking off my gown and walking out trying to put my thoughts and feelings aside to help where ever I am needed.