6

This morning felt different. I haven't run alone in months. I am so worried about Steve.

I turn on my playlist and the first song that plays is I Write Sins Not Tragedies by Panic at the Disco. I know this song was never Steve's favorite so instead I ran alone starting with Move Over Darling by Doris Day.

I get back and head downstairs right away avoiding eye contact with everyone. I shower and get ready and immediately go and see if I can visit Steve yet. It's only about 7:30 and visiting hours don't start until 8 but I'm hoping they will make an exception.

I finally get up to the clinic and see that Steve has been moved and is awake! I guess being borderline super human comes with super healing perks or something.

I am so excited I start running to the desk to see which room he's in, "Hello! I am wondering if I can visit Captain Rogers?" I say trying to contain my happiness.

"Visiting hours don't sta- oh hello Morgan!" Nurse Ann looked up just now realizing it's me. "Captain Rogers in room 201?"

I nod, smiling.

"Visiting hours don't start until 8," she explains. "But if I go grab a coffee I would never know," she says now talking a lot quieter getting up from her chair. She winked at me before she left signaling I can go. I smile back.

I get up to the 2nd level and there it is. Room 201. I open the door quietly just in case he's asleep again but thankfully he's awake!

"Steve?" I ask before coming around the corner seeing him in his bed.

"Morgan is that you?" he asks quietly.

I see him and my heart sinks again but I try to cover it up, "Steve I was so worried about you! How are you feeling?"

"Fantastic for a 100 year old man," he says jokingly. "Listen I am so sorry about yesterday I feel horrible for dumping that heavily load on you knowing you already had so much going on."

I usually don't talk about my feelings unless it's Steve.

"Don't be it's not your fault, it's not anyone's. I'm just glad you're okay," I say with a smile reaching to hold his hand.

He gives a sad smile back. After a few moments he breaks the silence, "So today is your first day working with Bucky?"

I totally forgot that Bucky was already being taken out of the holding room today. "Yea today is my first day." After saying this I got sort of concerned. What if James did that to me?

"How do you feel?" Steve asked noticing my sudden concern.

"Good! I have a meeting with Fury and Agent Hill discussing the details of his move."

"When?" he asked curiously

"In a few minutes I just wanted to come say hi and chat a little before I had to go, I'm not sure when I'll get a lot of free time ones he arrives," I explain to him. I'm glad I won't get a lot of free time. Something to distract me from my thoughts.

"Oh I better let you go then! I don't want you to be late. Good luck and keep me updated!"

"Will do!" I say as I am walking out of his room.