10

As the day went on it was quiet. So quiet I wasn't even sure if James was here anymore. I was making dinner and decided to offer him some.

I walk over to the door and knock. After a long wait he opens the door, "Are you hungry? I made dinner," I say trying to act cheerfully.

He opens the door a little wider, "Sure." I almost didn't hear him he was so quiet.

I dish a plate up for him and set it on the table, "Here you go."

He just looks at me and nods. I thought this might be a good time to get started with his therapy.

"So how has your stay been so far?" That was a dumb question why would I ask that? He's only been here for a couple hours and has only seen the inside of his room. Wow I'm an idiot.

"Good."

"Is your room okay? I apologize I didn't have a lot of time to clean it," I say trying to keep the conversation rolling but it's like talking to a brick wall.

"It's fine," he says as he slowly reaches for a fork. After he picks it up he just pauses and sits there.

"Is everything okay with the food? I can make something else if you'd like," I say trying to get him to eat. He hasn't eaten anything sense he came.

He set the fork down forcefully, got up, and shut his door but more gentle this time. I'm guessing he doesn't like it. There is one more piece of steak left I could bring to Steve. I know he always loves my steak.

I set James' good in the fridge after covering it up and head upstairs to the clinic where Steve should be staying.

I get up to room 201, knock, and open the door just a crack, "Steve?"

He knows my voice right away, "Morgan! Come in!"

I walk in to Sam and Steve playing Gin Rummy, one of Steve's favorites.

"I'm sorry is this a bad time? I ca-" Sam cuts me off.

"No come in!" he says as I turn around.

"I brought steak, I didn't know Sam was gonna be here or I would have brought 2 I'm sorry," I should have brought 2.

"It's totally okay," Sam says. "I already ate."

"But me on the other hand," Steve says excitedly. "I'm starving!"

He shoots me a quick smile before gesturing me to sit with them, "Wanna play with us? We just started this game, we can deal you in."

"I'd love to!" I love playing cards with Steve, even though he always wins. I swear he cheats.

45 minutes goes by of us just playing card games before I remember I shouldn't leave Bucky too long by himself. "I should get back to my room I have a lot to do tonight," I explain.

"Oh yea I heard Bucky moved in with you." Sam says.

"He did?!" Steve seemed oddly surprised by this.

"Yea earlier today."

"Come back tomorrow so we can catch up, I had no idea," he says with a little concern in his voice.

"I will don't worry."

"And bring some steak for me next time," Sam says jokingly.

"Of course I won't forget it!" I say laughing as I am leaving.