39

Instead of going back to my room after talking with Steve I head down to my favorite spot by the lake at the end of the trail. The only person who knows about this spot is Steve.

I've spent all day outside or doing something to get ready for tomorrow. It's probably like 6 now. Bucky's been home alone all day. I feel bad, I know I should talk to him, but I can't bring myself to.

I hear footsteps behind me, "Steve told me you would be here."

I laugh, "Never should have showed him this place."

"I'm glad you did," he takes a seat next to me, "how else would I have been able to find you?"

I don't say anything. I just feel the sun against my skin, feel the went blow through my hair, listen to the water crash on the shore. "You should really go back inside Buck," I say without looking at him.

He doesn't look at me either. "You know I can't do that unless you come in with me." There was a small silence before he continued, "you don't have to do this alone Morgan."

"I should though."

He didn't say anything. I think he finally knows I'm not budging.

"Is this about that dream?"

"No." My stomach turns thinking about it but he changes the subject before I can think about it for too long.

"Is it about the guy we saw when we were at the store."

I swallow a lump in my throat thinking about seeing him again. "No." I say with unsteadiness in my voice.

He looks over at me, "Yes?"

I cant bring myself to look at him so I look down instead, "Yes."

He scoots closer and puts one arm around my shoulders and intertwines his metal arm in my hand.

"You know that say was a good day." He laughs. I know he means when I impulsively kissed him.

I laugh with him but I don't say anything.

"What happened? Who was that guy? He wasn't just your ex was he?"

"No he was. It's a long story, I don't think I have time to get into it." I pick up my wrist to look at the time but I didn't out my watch on today. Now I feel dumb.

"We have time," he puts his hand on my cheek turning my head to look at him. He kisses me but pulls away after a couple seconds forcing me to say something."

"I'm supposed to be your therapist, not the other way around."

"Everybody needs someone to talk to."

I still hesitate on telling him, I haven't told anybody the full story. I told Steve the most but I left out a lot of details, the doctors had to get the main parts of the story to help, but that's it.

I decide to tell him everything that happened with Blake. Just that night, not about the recent events.

Any time he hears my voice break he hugs me tightly or if he sees a tear he wipes it away before I get the chance to.

I tell him about Pierce, how he could be roaming around somewhere out here, the team doesn't update me on HYDRA stuff anymore. They think it's too triggering I guess. I mean it is but I'd still like to know.

I tell him about them wanting him when we was still the winter soldier. I tell him what they did to me. I tell him I used to be on the team, I tell him everything.

"He shot me in the stomach and just..." I put my face in my hands but I take a deep breath and keep talking, "just left me there."

"How did you get escape?"