30

I meet up with Steve again so I am running and walking for a solid 2 and a half hours but I'm good. Sam didn't come with us today so we listened to Steve's playlist this time.

"So when's the mission?" I'm hoping I can take the suit whenever they are gone.

"Wednesday," he says out of breath.

"Oh nice. Who's going?"

"Just me, Sam, Natasha, Wanda, Clint, Vision, Scott, and Tony."

"Where are you guys going?" I got everything I needed now it's just small talk.

"Germany."

"That's gonna be a long ride," laughing because I know how boring it can get.

"Yea," he laughs back, "do you miss..." he looks up at me, "being on the team?"

Part of me does. I miss helping people. I mean I do here but I know everybody here. And it's one thing to help people medically but I loved the action and intensity of going there myself and take them out of burning buildings or catching a piece of concrete that was going to fall on them. I want to help people like that.

"Sometimes."

"I know how important it was to you. I wish you would just let me talk to Fury so we can get you back on."

Fury played a very little role in kicking me out, it was mainly Tony's decision but everybody agreed it was best.

"It wasn't really Fury's decision, it was Tony's"

"I guess. I just hate seeing you upset that's all."

"Thank you but I'm fine really. I have my hands full with Bucky anyway. And then I'll be back to my old cases and seeing my old patients. Everything will go back to how it was."

"Well I'm glad you're feeling better about it."

I'm not but, "Yea."

We get back and grab a cup of coffee today and visited for a while longer until Wanda came over.

"Hey Wanda," Steve says scooting over, motioning her to pull up a chair.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?"

"Just got done with a run. You?"

"Just got done training. I was hoping I could talk to you Morgan?"

"Sure. I'll catch you later Steve okay?"

"Sounds good Morgan," he gives me a reassuring smile telling me it's okay to leave, so I give him a smile back.

I get up and walk away with Wanda by my side, "So what's up?"

"I need a girls day, get a break from this place."

"Same here. When?"

"Today. I have the day off."

"Alright what should we do?"

"Anything I just need to get out of here."

We stop as we reached my front door, "Are you okay?"

"Yes. Just been down lately. We can talk more later. Around 2?"

"I'll be ready. I'll see you by the tables outside?"

"Sure. See you then."

I hear Wanda walk away but part of me hesitated to open the door. I don't want to face Bucky yet he's the only person I really want to see.

I open the door and find Bucky pouring himself a cup of coffee. He turns around, "Hey doll, how was your run?"

Doll. I don't know if I can get used to that one but I kinda like it.

"Um good. It was good."

He gets another mug from the cupboard and starts to pour me coffee too. He walks over and hands it to me.

"Good," he says smiling, kissing me gently.

I didn't want to pull away but it's only 7:30 I couldn't get too carried away just yet.

"Did I wake you up when I left?" I asked taking a sip of my drink.

"No. Sad you didn't say goodbye though," he turns around and walks away smiling. I memorize every angle and inch of his face, his smile, his eyes, the way his hair lays over his ears. I only have a week, after today, of peace with him left. I need to take every moment in.

I laugh, "Sorry you just looked so cute and peaceful sleeping I didn't want to wake you up."

I like that I can call him cute. Well I'm assuming it's okay because he called me doll so I guess we're kind of even.

He just gives me a small chuckle as he sits down at the counter and picks up a news paper. When did he get that?

"Well I'm gonna go take a shower,"

He moves his gaze from his paper to me and back, "Okay."

I go to the bathroom, lock the door, and turn on the shower. After I got in I realized I forgot to turn on the fan. I try to quickly step out so I didn't get any water on the floor but instead I slip, hit my head on the corner of the counter.

The world goes dark.