Flashback

I don't remember much of that day, I try to forget everything I can. It was December of 1991. Nobody told me what was going on. I was only 11 at the time. I just remember hearing Tony screaming in the living room. Things breaking or being knocked down. I was told to wait in my room. I don't know who these people are.

I head a door slam 10 minutes later. I heard a car starting. Someone was telling my brothers name. I don't know who this lady was. My brother was 16 so he already had his license. He could go anywhere while I was stuck here in the deafening silence.

The woman opened my door. A man was sitting at the table going through papers. They asked me questions, I cant remember what they were or my answers to them. They told me mom and dad died. Mom and dad died. They are gone. They told me to pack my things. I didn't know where I was going. Why wasn't Tony saving me?

They took me so some big house with a bunch of other kids of all ages. I got into a room with a bed. It wasn't very nice. I hated it here already. I couldn't sleep. All I wanted to do was cry.

That morning I heard someone yelling. I didn't care though. Then I saw Tony in the doorway. He grabbed my suitcase and my arm and drug me out to the car and I never went back there again.

We went back home and Tony went inside and grabbed an envelope. He wouldn't tell me what was inside or why we had to leave again. He said we can't say here. We couldn't go home. We didn't have a home. We had no where to go.