36

I'm driving and find myself all the way in Springfield. I've gotten dozens of phone calls, most from Steve, a few from Tony, a couple from Wanda and Natasha. It's great to know that the whole building knows I am upset.

I only stopped driving because I almost hit like 7 people on my way here. My eyes were too blurry from crying I couldn't see anything. My bad.

It's only 4 right now but I have to go back eventually. I'm gonna be up all night installing as many of those security systems and traps that I can but I know I won't get them all. I want to be there when the package arrives because I don't want anyone snooping and seeing what it is. I need to go back and get the suit.

I decide to start driving in hopes I can catch the mailman but I don't think I will.

On my way there I get more calls and more calls. I don't answer any of them. Bucky's words are drilled into my head, rotting in my cell would be better than this. I start crying again and pull over. I just want to scream. I want to hit something. I want to break something.

Steve calls again and I answer just to tell him to shut up. I heard Bucky's voice on the other end, "She answered!"

I cant spit any words out. I don't want to hear his voice. Well... I do but I don't.

"Morgan you have to come back. I didn't mean what I said at all let's just talk this through okay? We can do that right?"

"Stop calling me!" I scream and cry. "Just stop." My voice breaks down. I hear a door shut and Bucky is talking quieter now. I can tell he's been crying too, maybe he's crying now. It sounds like he is.

"Morgan please. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. I need you." I hear his voice break and I just cry harder. "I never knew I could love someone as much as I love you. Please just come back."

What did he say?

I hang up before I can say anything, well more like so he can't say anything. Did he just say he loves me?  He doesn't love me. He couldn't love me. He described the monster I think I really am.

I drive home after I've ran out of tears to cry. My phone is silent. I don't even listen to music, I just drive.

I get back to the compound and see my package waiting by the front. It's 8 right now. I stopped and grabbed lunch on my way home. I wasn't hungry but I knew I needed to eat. I quickly pick up the package and slip through the doors.

The building is empty. No cars are gone so everyone has to be home. I hear muffled noises, a scream, and a door fly open with strong footsteps coming toward me.

"It's his fault! He's the reason why Morgan is gone."

"We know where she is, she is okay."

After Blake, Tony put a tracker in my phone. Kinda forgot about that until now.

"She won't let us talk to her! Who knows if she will come home!"

"She will! She will." It's Rhodey and Tony.

"It's his fault. I want him out. I want James out!"

"Tony, it's not that easy."

He's pacing, "Just get him out of here."

"I'll see what I can do." I run off before Tony can see me and get to my room. I know he can just check my phone to see where I am but I'm buying myself more time this way.

I quietly shut the door and quickly tear open the box. I don't have much time if I want to get in and out without anyone noticing. Bucky isn't here thankfully but I wonder where he is.

After an hour and of installing the security systems in my apartment I go to Bucky's door and start putting one there. I got one really heavy duty one for his room, he needs to be safe. Maybe I should have told him. He could have been prepared. No it's okay. Everything will work out okay. We will be okay.

I hear the door open. Bucky. He's with Steve. I run and hide in his closet. I left everything out, he knows him here.

I hear the door shut again, what is he doing? I hear them mumbling but I can't make out what their saying. Just hearing a little bit of his voice makes tears well up on my eyes again but I don't cry.

He opens the door again and shuts it. "Morgan?" he whispers. I don't say anything. I can hear him walking around. I'm not sure if he's looking for me or looking at my mess but neither one are very good.

I go to wipe my nose because I can't sniffle from crying but I knock something over in his closet. I think a box full of clothes. Crap.

Before I know it he's rushing into his room and opening the door. He sees me crawled up in a little bawl sitting on the floor.

"Morgan." His voice breaks. "I saw your stuff. I got rid of Steve, it's just you and me."

Here come the waterworks. He picks me up and sets me on his bed.

"I'm so sorry Morgan. Words can describe how sorry I am." I don't look up at him. I want to say it's okay but is it?

"Please." I hear his voice trail off. I look up and see he's crying too. He's been crying, a lot. His eyes are red and puffy, his nose is red too.

I look into his eyes. I cant stay mad at him. I'm beyond hurt but I can't avoid him. I reach over and wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him as tight as I can. He wraps his arms gently around my waist crying into my shoulder.

"I can't lose you." I say through my tears.

"You're not going to lose me. You could never lose me." I hug him tighter knowing that it's very possible I can lose him.

We stay there for awhile, both of us stopped crying, it's just sniffles now. I pull away wiping his shirt, "I'm sorry," I try to laugh, "I got your shirt all wet."

He pulls me in fast and kisses me like this is the first time he's kissing me in years. "I love you. I know it hasn't been long but I do."

I smile and sniffle, "I love you too."