13

A few hours has gone by sense breakfast. Right now I'm in my office trying to fill in James' chart. I know Fury said he wouldn't be here in about a week but I know he loves his surprise visits so I try to always be prepared.

I hear a knock on the wall. I turn around, it's James. "Hello James," I try to say cheerfully as I close his chart.

"Morgan hey, do you want to go for a walk?"

I am shocked by this. He's asking me if I want to do something with him? Maybe last night was just the push he needed to open up a little.

I look down at my arm. I had to put it in a sling I found under the sink after it started getting sore.

"Or we don't have to I can-"

"No I would love to," I say taking off my sling. My shoulder aches with every move I make, but I try to hide it. "Let me just grab my sweatshirt."

His face lights up a little and he runs to go grab his from his room. I forgot about the hole I saw last night until now but we can talk about that later.

"Are you ready?" I ask slipping on my mittens. Being from Minnesota makes the cold seem like nothing but my hands are always freezing no matter what.

He opens the front door for me and nods.

We make our way to the front door but before we could make it, we run into Wanda.

"Hello Morgan," she says happily. I love her accent.

"Wanda, hey!" Me and Wanda have always been really close too. We have just clicked sense I moved in here. Before we would spend the night at each other's apartments, pull all nighters and watch a bunch of Disney movies. Sense I became busy with the clinic we haven't had as much time together.

"How have you been lately? I haven't seen you at any of the meetings sense yesterday morning." She always knows when somethings wrong and I could tell she was gonna be on my case about my shoulder.

"Yea, Fury temporarily took me off my cases for a while." As I say this she looks over at James.

She is quiet for a second before responding, slowly taking her gaze back on me, "I see. It's been a while sense we talked, we need to catch up."

"Yes of course we do," I say knowing full well she's gonna want all the details about James and what's going on.

"Well I won't keep you guys," she says looking over at the conference room. I look over too, it's only been a day and I miss it already.

"Alright, talk to you later!"

James opens the door for me again. For being a trained assassin, he has good manners.

"So how are you feeling today James?" I say trying to break the silence. I've never been good with quiet periods in conversation but I am horrible at knowing what to say next when talking.

"Good," he says quietly. His responses are often short.

"How was your room is it ok?" Why would I ask that? Can't come up with something better? I am so annoyed with myself.

"It's good, thank you."

I smile. I am horrible about saying you're welcome to people. I don't know why.

After about half way around the trail he breaks the silence I have just been starting to grow comfortable in, "I know you say it's fine but I would like to apologize again for last night. Is there anything I can do? I feel horrible."

"I'm okay James really. You didn't know what you were doing."

He doesn't say anything in return. I don't know what else I can say to reassure him. I feel terrible that I can't help him.

We finished our short walk in silence. As we were walking into the facility he turns to me, "Morgan?"

I look over at him for a quick second so he knows he has my attention, "Mhm?"

"If you'd like, you can call me Bucky"

I smile a little bit and make eye contact, "Bucky. I'd like that." I grab his shoulder and give it a slight squeeze before opening the front doors.