26

Steve pulls me into his room before I even get the chance to knock.

"What's going on?" I say laughing.

"Bucky just came to talk to me!" I didn't expect him to actually listen to me or talk to him this soon.

"That's awesome! What did he say?"

"He is remembering everything! He wants to be part of the team!"

My smile immediately disappears and my heart sinks to my stomach. Bucky? On the team? I do not see this ending well especially if Blake is gonna be showing up soon.

"Awesome, that's great!" I try to say hiding my concern.

Thankfully I think Steve's too excited he didn't catch it, "I know! I am so excited! I hope Fury lets him."

"When does he want to join? Do you know?" I thought Bucky said he wanted to stay with me. He wasn't ready to move out yet. He didn't want to leave me. I don't want him to leave me. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I need him to stay.

"He told me not to tell anyone and he will talk to someone when he wants to." Thank goodness.

"Alright well I guess we will just have to wait and see."

He reaches out and hugs me tightly, "Thank you Morgan. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"For what?" I laugh and pull away so I can look at him.

"Giving me my best friend back. I know it couldn't have been easy considering your past with him and everything."

My dream pops back in my head right after he says that. Watching everything happen. Him trying to grab me and kill me too. It takes everything in me not to break down right now.

"I'm just so glad I could help him." This wasn't a lie. I am glad I could help him. I am glad I met him. And I have no reason to hold his past against him. It wasn't him. HYDRA had control.

"Yea well," I wave my hand in the air. "Do you wanna play cards or something? I have some time before I have to get back home."

"Sure!" Steve runs to get his cards and I sit down at his dining table. Tony said Steve could design his own apartment room so it looks pretty old fashioned in here.

He comes back and starts shuffling, "What game do you wanna play?"

"You pick I'm good with anything," I say cutting the deck.

"Hearts?"

"Let's do it."

We play for about a half hour until Steve ends our time together, "Well I should probably start heading to my meeting now or I'll be late."

"Oh alright," I say getting up. "Play later?"

"Sure."

"What's the meeting about?" I was so busy with Bucky I didn't even think about the possibilities there could be. Blake could already be working his way in here and I would have no idea because the only thing I'm assigned to work on is Bucky.

"Got a lead on another HYDRA base so we're just going to plan for our next mission."

That doesn't give me much. Everybody knew HYDRA was still a thing after Blake, "Oh okay. Well I'll talk to you later."

"Alright Bye Morgan," he says smiling.

"Bye."