19

We finally get back from Home Depot and as I put the car in park, Bucky breaks the silence, "So that was your ex?"

I heart is racing, I would rather not talk about this. "Uh yea that was."

"Who was he?"

"His name was Blake," I say as my shaky hands reach for the door handle.

"Who was the girl?" What's with all the questions?

He gets out of the car as soon as I do to help me carry in. I open the back door to grab the bag but before I can grab it I see a metal hand reaching for it, "I got it."

Do I tell him the truth? I really don't want to get into the details. "Um just some girl, I don't know her that well." That was a lie. I know her way more than I would like to.

He shuts the car door at the same time as I shut mine. "Oh well what happened?" Why is he being so pushy.

"I don't really like to talk about it. Thanks for being my cover though," I say jokingly smacking his arm lightly not realizing it was his metal one.

"We're you just using me as cover?" What did he say?

"Um... what else would I be doing?" he shrugs but doesn't say anything.

We walk into the front door of the facility and I see Steve walking by and unfortunately, I think he sees me. Well more importantly, he sees Bucky.

"Morgan hey," he says slowly getting quieter when he realizes who I'm standing next to.

I turn around, "Hey Steve." Am I supposed to like introduce Bucky to him? Does he remember him? I cant imagine how uncomfortable he is. What do I say? I hate myself sometimes I swear.

"Bucky," Steve says, "hey pal." I look over and see Bucky looking at the ground.

His eyes raise and he looks at him while keeping his head down a bit, just enough to make him look like he was about to punch him. "Hey."

"So how are you feeling about things around here?" I don't know if Steve should really be talking to him just yet.

He looks down then back up so his head is a little more at eye level, "Good. It's good. So uh... how are you- you know... feeling?"

"I feel great! Went for a run today, sad you couldn't join me and Sam today Morgan."

"Yeaaa," I say with a small laugh under my breath. "Tomorrow morning I'll be ready."

"Well anyway talk later?" I think Steve finally got it that we are in a rush to get back to my room.

"Yes! Sounds good!" I think I might have said that too cheerfully.

"Good to see you Buck. Stop by and visit sometime?"

He nods with a small fake smile, and we both head downstairs as fast as we can without looking funny.