11

When I walk in I see James looking around. I could tell I scared him.

"Oh hello I'm so sorry I was out late I was..." I started trailing off. I am not sure when I was going with that but I figured it wasn't a good time to bring up the fact he beat up his old best friend.

He looked at me then looked down at something on the end table in the living room. I couldn't tell what he was looking at and before I got the chance to ask he was already on his way to his room.

I knew it would take time to get him to open up but I wasn't sure if I was the qualified to do this job. I haven't had any experience with this stuff I don't know where to start.

Later that night

I wake up to a bunch of things breaking, I hear screaming. I check the clock, it says it's 2:17 in the morning. So really it's 3:17, I never change my clocks for daylight savings.

I quickly open my bedroom door and can tell the commotion is coming from James' room. I should have grabbed the pepper spray, and I hate that I feel that way.

I open the door to see James throwing around anything in night. He already shattered the mirror that was sitting on top of his dresser. His clothes were everywhere. I even saw a hole in the wall right by his bathroom.

"James!" I yell.

"Shall I call Director Fury?" I hear F.R.I.D.A.Y say.

I turn my head to the speakers like I'm going to see a person that can help me. As I turn my head around back to James I can see he's already walking towards me.

"James, it's me Morgan. You have to listen to me okay? Listen, I'm here it's not real." What am I supposed to say. Isn't it a thing to not wake people up while they are sleep walking? At least I hope that's all this is.

"Ms. Stark?" I hear F.R.I.D.A.Y say again.

"Do not call anyone. I can handle this myself just don't call anyone!" I say frantically. I hope I can handle this myself.

James grabs my wrist with his left arm, the metal one,  and twists my arm backward. I hear a crack. All I want to do is scream in pain but I can't wake anybody up.

I grab his other arm and try to twist his backward like he did mine. Of course I forget everything Nat taught me about self defense when I most need it. I'm freezing, I don't know what to do.

He pushes me to the nearest wall, right next to the door, and pins both of my arms up above my head. I try to say his name but his left hand quickly moved from my dislocated shoulder to my neck.

What am I supposed to do? I can't breathe, I can't breathe.

"James," I whisper.

He punches me in the nose.

"Listen to me Ja-"

Another blow to the head.

"Bucky," Right before everything is about to go dark, he loosens his grip on my throat. It burns.

Now's my chance. I run out his door and into the kitchen. I'm not going for the gun. I can't.

He walks out of his door. He's definitely awake now, if he wasn't before. His eyebrows go up a little bit. He looks down at his hands and back up at me.

"Morgan I-" he cuts himself off.

I stand there in silence. I wonder if he was about to kill me the same way he killed my mom.

He walks over to me. I take a couple steps back, closer to the office.

"Are... you hurt?"

"I'm ok," I say trying to relax. I just need to sleep this off. "Let's just go back to bed."

"Your arm," he says quickly looking away.

I look down at my dangling, lifeless looking arm, "It's fine, I feel fine."

I am not giving him a chance to argue with me. I walk right past him and close my bedroom door thinking about how I'm going to sleep in a position that won't hurt my shoulder.