47

I wasn't out long, they are still dragging me away. They aren't being very gentle either.

"Get her in the chair!" I hear Blake's voice from a distance yet it seems he's screaming right in my ear.

2 men and a woman pick me up and press down metal clamps around my arms. I flutter my eyes open and look around just to see what's going on but I can't see very well.

"Sir, she's waking up."

I hear footsteps and a head hover over mine, "Let's pick up the pace people we don't got forever."

I pull up on my arms as my vision becomes more clear and try to fight my restraints. "What are you doing?" I didn't realize how sweaty I've become so fast. My hair flys in front of my face as I whip my head around my I can't fix it.

"Settle down."

I can feel my heart pounding. I need to move.

"Sir, will the restraints hold her?"

"They held down James 100 years ago they can hold down this twig."

"Shut up Blake!" I yell as start hyperventilating. He laughs and spits in my face.

"Put her under! Let me know when she's ready."

"Ready for what?" The woman sticks an IV in my right arm while ignoring my question. "Ready for what?!"

Blake walks out of the room and slams the door.
I feel my eyes start to get heavy.

•••

I close my eyes just for a second and when I open them I'm not at the Avengers Tower anymore, I'm back at the compound.

I see Bucky opening the front doors to the facility for me; is smile is beaming from ear to ear. I try to take his hand but mine passes right through his like he's a ghost, this doesn't faze him.

I walk in and see everybody smiling. Usually people are going about their day stressed or sad about something, not this time. Everybody is in the dining hall, it's more like a cafeteria but what do I know, laughing and happy to be alive, including Bucky. I've never loved him more.

I hear him saying my name. I reach over to hug him but my arms are stuck in place, the image of him is slowly fading and I can't do anything about it.

I blink but when I open my eyes instead of being at the compound again I'm somewhere else I don't know where, not the Avengers Tower.

"What... are you..." I can't seem to make a sentence my brain just won't work.

"Do you know who this is?"

I look at the screen. I know them, they are very close to me but I just can't remember their names. It's on the tip of my tongue. "Let...let him...go."

"Do you know who that is?"

"...Yes." I can't seem to get anything else out my mouth. The long haired man with the metal arm is fighting someone with a shield, some guy in a goofy looking chunk of metal, and a few other people. There are different camera views on the TV that sits in front of me.

"What are their names?"

I don't know, why don't I know. I know them I just can't put my finger on their names.

"I- I don't...know."

The lady makes a shocked look and turns and whispers to the man beside her. He then leaves so it's just me a the girl.

"What..." I look around but it just makes me dizzy.

Soon enough the same man who walked out returns with another man.

"And who is this?"

I want to run when I see this mans face. I know everything that happened I just can't remember. I can't remember.

"Uh...I...I don't...know."

"It's working! Run her for a few more rounds. I'll be back soon."

"She needs quite a bit of work done, that will take a couple weeks or it will kill her."

"Do what you gotta do!" The man yells without turning around to talk to the woman.