22

"It took me a long time to track you down Ms. Houseman." I freeze. I feel my heart drop to the floor.

I quickly walk out of the room and lock myself in the bathroom not caring what Bucky is wondering about this phone call.

"How did you get this number?" I can't say it's my number or he will be sure he has the right person. Even though I know he's sure. But there's a chance right?

"A little birdy told me," he says giving a snotty chuckle. "Morgan you didn't think I wouldn't see that Captain America finally found the Winter Soldier and he was bringing him to a 'safe place?' The Avengers wouldn't put an assassin just anywhere, meaning they would have to bring him back to your compound. You know who's at the compound? Tony Stark and why wouldn't his little sister be hiding there too."

"I'm sorry I think you have the wrong number," There's a chance. Who am I kidding no there isn't.

"Morgan, I was stalling honey. You stayed on the call long enough that I now know exactly where you are. You played yourself."

Ouch. "What do you want Blake?"

"I want what I wanted last time, you haven't forgotten have you?"

I clear my throat and straighten my back like he's standing in front of me and I need to look calm and collected, "I remember."

"Fantastic. You have a week and a half to get him to me. I'll follow up with more details as the time gets closer. Looking forward to seeing you again."

I hear the phone hang up and a gentle knock on the door. I quickly open it up to relieved to see Bucky and not Blake.

"What's going on who was that?"

"Oh nobody, just a wrong number." I say walking past him with my head down.

"Hey," he grabs my arm just like Blake did on the night everything happen and I flinch. I hate how much that still affects me. He lets go knowing he did something, "what's going on? Is this about that dream the other night?"

I had enough to worry about and now I got that on my mind too.

"No. No no no no no." That's all I can say.

I speed walk into the living room and start pacing pulling my hair back and picking at my skin. I've had these nervous habits sense mom and dad died. I'm having a panic attack in front of him how embarrassing wow.

He quickly follows and watch's me for a second calling my name, trying to calm me down. When that doesn't work he comes up to me and grabs me by both of my shoulders, "Talk to me Morgan. It's okay."

"I just need to hear some good news right about now," I say burring my face in my hands to avoid eye contact. I'm trying to hold back my tears but I'm not doing a great job. Crying in front of someone, twice? In one week? I am so embarrassed I hate myself.

He pulls me in and hugs me rightly while resting his chin on my head, "I've started remembering a few things."

I pull away to look at him even though I could stay in his arm forever, "You have?!"

"Yea," he lets go of me, walks over to the couch, and pats the cushion telling me to sit. "I remember Steve and his parents, my parents... I remember the war, mostly everything. Some spots are a little fuzzy but I can piece it together."

"I'm so happy for you!" I reach to give him another hug. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say in this situation. "How do you feel?"

"Like me again, but not me at the same time. Part of the old me was left in the 40's."

"How long has it been since you started remembering everything?"

"Well at first it came to me in dreams. Like that first night I was here that was unfortunately a memory from the war. Being taken... experimented on." My hand reaches for his. I don't know why I did it or how I feel about it but I can't move it now because he wrapped his hand around mine.

"I'm so sorry you got caught in the middle of my dream that night."

"Don't be I'm ok, I've taken harder hits than that."

He looks taken back by what I just said but I cut him off before he can ask any questions. "So why did you seem upset when we ran into Steve?" After hearing that come out of my mouth, I probably shouldn't have asked that.

"Well... it's just... I don't know. I know it's only been a couple days but I've gotten so used to living here. Once whoever is in charge knows I'm better, they will make me leave. I'm just not ready for that yet."

"Okay," I say patting his leg with my other hand, "we will get it figured out don't worry." He didn't say anything he just looked down, "I think you should talk to Steve though." This could be a bad idea but I think he needs the push.

"Why?"

"He's so worried about you, he misses you."

"Even after what I uh..." he looks up then right back down into his lap, "did to him?"

"He still thinks of you as his best friend."

"I'll talk to him."