42

I got up early again, figured I would run with Steve today. Me and Bucky fell asleep on the couch again watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I give him a quick super soft kiss on the cheek trying to to wake up him, change and leave.

I see Steve outside sitting on the bench.

"Hey," I pat his shoulder, "you ready?"

"Morgan!" His face lights up, "I'm glad you're joining me today!"

"Me too! I'm sorry I've missed the past couple days."

"No worries." He turns on his playlist and I start running at a faster pace than normal but he doesn't say anything.

Right before we get to our normal walking spot I say, "Think we can make it without taking a breather?"

He turns to me and says, "Think you can make it without taking a breather?"

"Race ya."

He takes off. I know that I'm going to lose but I wanted to avoid too much talking today.

We get to where we started where I see Steve pacing breathing heavily. "I thought I would have a chance this time."

"You're getting faster," he says even though we both know that I could never win.

There is a couple moments of silence before I say, "What time do you guys leave today?"

"Around 11 I think."

"Nice." I say starting to walk back to the compound.

"Why?"

"Just wondering. You know me I always gotta be nosey." I say waving my hand.

"Did you want to come with?"

"Wha-... no I couldn't." Got plans anyway.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm positive. Thank you though."

Me and Steve say our goodbyes, I kinda dragged it out more than usual, and we both headed back to our rooms.

When I get back Bucky is still sleeping but he moved to his bed. I get in the shower and start writing the note I'm gonna leave for Bucky, or everyone, depending on who he chooses to share it with.

It's about 10:15 when I'm finally ready. Bucky's awake making breakfast, I go to hug him from behind in the kitchen. "I love you."

He turns around and puts both of his hands on my cheeks and kisses me intensely. "I love you too doll."

He dishes me up a plate of hash browns and sausage and we eat together with 40's playing quietly in the background. He offers to clean up but I insist on doing it, it's the least I can do.

By the time I finish he is in the bathroom, I figure this is my chance to go. I leave the note on his nightstand, grab my sweatshirt, and go towards the office for the gun. I know I have the suit but just in case.

I'm digging through the drawer and grab it when Bucky walks out. Shit.

"What are you doing?" he asks furrowing his eyebrows.

I look up at him then back down to the gun in my hand and tuck it in the back of my jeans, "I just have to... run some errands. I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Why would you need a gun to run errands?"

I walk toward the door without looking at him, "I'll be back soon. I love you."

"Wait!" I pause and turn around. He kisses me like he's never kissed me before, this feels different. Or maybe it's just me but I'm not complaining. "I love you too."

I look at him for a couple seconds before I head out of the door and towards Tony's room. I look at the time and it's a little after 11. I put my ear up to the door to listen and make sure he's gone, I think I'm in the clear.

I take my keys out and unlock the door, he gave me a key when we moved here just in case of an emergency. I punch in the numbers on the key pad, press the button to get to the suit, and hop in.

"Good Morning Ms. Stark." F.R.I.D.A.Y says as I get in.

"Hello Friday."

"Should I tell Mr. Stark where you are going?"

"No!" I say abruptly.

I hear the front door open and close, Tony's back.

I take off just as I see Tony appear in the doorway, leaving a huge hole in the ceiling. "Oops." I say quietly to myself, "I might be a little rusty."

I start heading to New York but I take a break Mount Ivy. I step out of the suit and open where Tony's arc reactor would be, I'm hoping the tracker is in there.

After looking for a couple minutes I give up and take a break to go on my phone, maybe see what's going on back at the compound.

I ordered cameras that could connect to my phone so I could see what was going on. Some of them have speakers so I can talk back but I doubt I would use that.

I pull up the camera view of the living room in my apartment when I see Fury and Nat with Bucky in the living room. I take it he called someone over about my note, I don't know why else Natasha would be there.

I turn up my phone volume and return my focus to the suit and continuing to look for the tracker while I listen.

"We have already tried Stark, he won't answer the damn phone." I hear a mans voice, Fury.

"We'll get someone! Shes going to meet this guy without any backup!"

My heart aches when I hear how broken his voice is.

"We're trying," Natasha this time, "we need to get in contact with Tony before we can do anything."

I look over at my phone screen and see the back of Bucky's head. He's sitting down in the living room chair while Natasha and Fury are at the counter looking over the note.

Bucky mumbles something but I can't make out all of it, something about Tony.

"Well if Tony is worried about Morgan he will just have to put your differences aside for now."

I know it will not go down well of Bucky and Tony are forced into the same room. I never told Bucky about anything related to Tony, he has no idea what he's in for.

"Yes!" I say a little to loudly to myself. I found the tracker. I carefully remove it from the suit, careful not to touch any other wires. I set it on the ground and crush it with my shoe. That should do it.

"...on his way." I'm guessing they are talking about Tony.

I decide to stay in the park for awhile. Might not be a safe move but I'm doing it anyway.

I see the door burst open but it wasn't who I thought it was.

"Where is it?" Steve. Why Steve?

"On the counter." Bucky says looking up at Steve.

He races over and rips the note from Natasha's hands.