37

"Does this mean we're okay?" He still has his arms around my waist so I push him off gently.

"Look I have a lot of work I gotta do can we talk about this tomorrow?" I know I won't be here tomorrow. I just don't want to face him. Odds are this is the last time we will be on semi-good terms.

"Like what?" He looks around with his hands up a little bit, "What is all of this?"

I look around at my mess and back at him. "I just have to finish working on this." I crouch down for the instructions and the key pad lock security screen for his room but he grabs my arm, a lot more gentle than last time but pauses. "I'm sorry.." I'm not sure what he's saying sorry about but I let him keep going, "but what is this Morgan?"

"Just promise me..." I feel tears forming in my eyes at the thought of Bucky getting taken again or putting anyone else in danger, "you will stay here Thursday. You will keep everybody here."

"Why what is going on?"

"Just let me handle it." I read the instructions and tune him out. I start connecting wires and putting in on the wall.

"Morgan!"

I turn around.

"Just talk to me."

I turn back around and start installing the locks for the door.

"I'm going to have to tell someone about all of this if you don't talk to me."

I look down knowing he's not lying.

"It's safer if you don't know. I promise I will handle it. We can talk after Thursday."

"Or now."

I set my stuff down and test the locks and alarms to make sure they work.

"Morgan I'm not going to ask again."

"Then don't." I walk out of his room to start setting up traps. They won't stop blake but they will slow him down.

"Please."

I set up trip wires, nets, tasers, you name it.

"I said if you let me handle it we can talk after Thursday." He doesn't respond he just stands behind me.

I set down my stuff and turn around to face him. "It's gonna be okay. I just need you to promise you will keep this between you and me okay?"

He just stares at me. I walk over to him so my face is inches away from his, "Okay?" I say again.

He kisses me softly, "Okay."

We just stand there in the living room hugging for a couple minutes before I get back to work. He offers to help but I don't let him. It's my fault he could come here I'm responsible for preparing for it.

It's around 11:30 when I'm done with our apartment, now for the doors for the facility. "I'm going to go out and install some around the facility okay?"

"Please at least let me help you."

"I'll be back soon." I close the door behind me quietly and work on the main door first. If anyone who isn't in the system try's to get in, they will either get locked out or shot at. I install traps and alarms and make signals go to everybody's room incase any intruders come in.

I know I am probably overreacting but it's best to be prepared. I know his tricks, I've heard stories of encounters the team has had with him. I check the time and it's 4:38. I go back down to my room and see Bucky is barely awake on the couch.

"Have you been staying up this whole time."

His eyes light up at the sound of my voice, "I wanted to make sure you were coming back."

I sit by him but I keep my distance. I don't want to leave on a bad note in case something happens but I can't forgive him yet for the things he said. I need time.

I see him look over at me but I just look at my lap.

He holds his hand out, "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too." I take his hand.

"Are you okay? Are we okay?"

I don't know how to answer that. No, I'm not okay, far from it actually. I don't know if we are okay. I want to be but I just don't know if we can be yet. I need time. Time that I don't have.

I nod so he pulls me closer. "I love you."

I put my hand on his chest and slowly drift down to his stomach wrapping my arm around him, "I love you."