27

Bucky decided he wanted to make dinner tonight. After we were done eating we decided to watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S again, I think he kinda liked it last time.

When I sat down on the couch he pulled me closer to my head was resting on his chest. I'm not sure why but I don't mind.

I wasn't sure if I should keep what Steve told me to myself but part of me didn't want to keep it in, "So did you talk to Steve yet?"

He squeezes me tighter and swallows what felt like a big lump, "No."

What? Why did he lie about it?

I'm not sure what to say here. That kinda caught me off guard a little bit, "Oh."

Really? That's all I can come up with? "Why?"

"Busy day I guess."

We didn't do anything today. I mean I was gone in the morning till about 9, I was at Steve's for a half hour, we worked on his wall, we had like 6 hours of nothing. What was he so busy doing?

"Oh."

There I go again.

Does he plan on ever telling me? Maybe he already talked to Fury about it. I only have 3 more days until he comes for a follow up on Bucky. I guess we have made a lot of progress in such a short amount of time. Maybe he's ready to go. Maybe it's best if he goes. I know I overthink a lot but I'm this situation how can I not? He's safer if he goes, then I can deal with Blake on my own. Fury will take him away Tuesday anyway. I don't know why I care so much.

Bucky tears me from my thoughts, "Well I'm going to bed doll."

What did he say?

"Oh, okay." I start to sit up but he gently pulls me back down.

"Goodnight," he gives me a tight hug then let's me sit up.

"Goodnight, Buck."

He smiles and heads for his room.

Tonight is the night I get my suit back. I have to start working on getting ready for him and whatever team he brings.

I look at the clock at it says 10:26, I'm hoping Tony is still awake. I gently open and close the door and hurry to Tony's apartment. I know it's kinda late so I won't see anybody but I still speed walk like I will.

I get to Tony's and gently knock on the door. He swings it open almost immediately, "Morgan," he scratches the back of his head, "I'm glad you came I've been wanting to talk to you."

"Oh about what?" I look down hoping this isn't going to turn into an interrogation like last time.

"I feel just awful about our past couple talks. You didn't deserve that I know you have been through and are going through a lot and our conversations have not helped."

"Oh," I perk my head up, "it's fine Tony."

He walks over to me and hugs me, "I know you are smart and could get through anything. I'm sorry I was so hard on you, I know you would talk to me if it was important."

No I wouldn't.

"Thank you Tony. That means a lot."

He lets go, "So what did you come here for?"

I'm starting to think I should have prepared more. "Oh uhhh... I just wanted to patch things up just like you."

"You're too sweet," he says patting my shoulder.

"So have you been working on anything new for your suit?"

"Yea I actually finished it. Wanna see?"

"Sure," I think I have a plan.

He typed in a code to open the door, Peppers Birthday, and asked F.R.I.D.A.Y to open section 4C.

"Here it is." A small circle opens on the floor and the suit rises up.

"Wow Tony! That looks so good!" Perfect, but how am I gonna keep it for so long without him noticing? He wears that suit like it's his clothes.

"Thanks! I also finished Peppers suit today too, she wanted to call it Rescue." Here we go.

"You made Pepper a suit?"

"Yea, she wanted it just in case."

"Can I see?"

He walks over and pressed the button that said section 11B.

"Wow! This is crazy! You sure have been busy."

"Yea, gotta get ready for when James goes rouge."

My smile fades immediately.

"Kidding! Kidding," he pats my shoulder. "I know it wasn't him all those years. I think it's great your helping him."

I turn around and want to hug him but I just smile instead, "Thank you."

This is gonna work out perfectly. After me and Tony talk for an hour or so I head home and get ready to settle down for the night.

I quietly open and close the front door and see Bucky standing in the office holding something. He's too far away, I can't tell.

"Hey Buck, I thought you were going to bed?"

"What is this?"