Chapter 2 - Betrayal

"Look at that!"

Katta watched T'Challas younger sister Shuri surrounding a mannequin. She tapped the chest gear draped onto it, and a blueish shimmer surrounded it.

"Bulletproof?" Katta asked, stepping closer.

"Better." Shuri grinned, motioning for her to step aside. She pulled out a gun, shooting against the gear. The bullet flew against the shimmer and bounced back, coming Shuri's way. Katta instinctively grabbed the shield on her back and threw it towards the girl before the bullet could hit her.

"Are you insane?" Katta asked, baffled. Shuri shrugged.

"Where would be the fun?"

Katta inhaled profoundly. How should she explain to T'Challa that his little sister shot herself while she stood directly next to her?

"Chill." Shuri tapped against her chest, and the blueish shimmer engulfed her upper body. Katta sighed, relieved, shaking her head.

"You'll be the death of me," Katta said but couldn't hide a smirk. This girl was too smart for her own good.

"However, I heard you were going on a trip?" Shuri tapped a few things on a pad, checking different values.

"Yes, we're departing in a few minutes."

Shuri pouted. "He never takes me with him."

Katta laughed. "I'm sure this isn't going to be a fun trip."

"I'd like to go out, sometimes."

"You know T'Challa doesn't want you to." Katta surrounded the table and walked towards the door.

"Yes, yes. Big brother problems, I guess." Shuri muttered a few more words before burying her nose into a pile of reports. Katta left the room and closed the door behind her. Okoye stood in the corridor, looking at her.

"You have an eye on her?" Katta asked, nodding towards the room.

"Sure." Okoye walked next to her as they passed a few other rooms on the way to the aircraft runway.

"Very good," Katta muttered. She needed to accompany T'Challa, so Okoye would take over as long as she was gone. "I want daily updates about the other tribes, especially about M'Baku. He's been a bit too quiet the last weeks."

Katta scrunched her nose. Now that the king was away, she couldn't be sure that M'Baku didn't start one of his dumb coup attempts.

"Don't worry. I have a few people watching him." Okoye opened a door and waited for Katta to pass.

"Excellent." Katta nodded at the short-haired woman. They stepped outside, walking towards a jet. A slight shiver went over Katta's body. She was clothed in the typical wakandian armour. A tight red leathern outfit adorned with golden plates. The long tunic almost went to her knees with slits so that she could move her legs properly. The pants underneath were made of the same material, as tight as the top.

Katta had been working for T'Challa for the last two years. He had no interest in attacking other countries but needed personal security to back him during daily business. She knew that he supported the Avengers from time to time since they had caught the winter soldier who had killed the former king. But whenever he worked with them, T'Challa made sure that Katta was not assigned to him - due to their agreement. She didn't want to have anything to do with them.

When she entered the plane, T'Challa was already sitting on a seat, his luggage beside him.

"Where are we going?" she asked as she strapped the security belt over her lap.