Chapter 21 - A.L.V.A.R

Back in the conference room, Katta anxiously looked at her phone to check the time. The clock struck eight, and punctually, a green swirl emitted in the middle of the room. Magnus interestedly watched it, murmuring to himself.

Then, Strange stepped out of the swirl, a boy on his side.

"Hey, Mister Stark and all the others." Peter awkwardly raised his hand to give a small wave. The boy, Katta recognized from London now stood in the Harlovsen conference room, wearing a backpack and glasses. How old was he? Fourteen?

"What are you wearing there?" Tony looked at the lilac hoodie that had mathematical signs on its front.

"Ehr, about that. I've been to a competition with the mathletics when Doctor Strange–"

His voice faded as he recognized Katta standing behind his mentor, glancing at him. His face paled as his eyes jumped between her and Tony. He seemed to notice and sighed.

"Ah, yes. Kiddo, this is Katta. You might remember Katta from your little assignment in London. She's decided to join the cool side and brought some of her deadly siblings as well - and some cousins," Tony explained, motioning to the other Harlovsens.

Peter nodded, taking off his glasses. "Nice to formally meet you, mam and sirs. I'm Peter."

"Call me Katta. I'm not that old." She stretched out her hand, which he hesitantly shook, slightly blushing.

"Yes, that's enough. Come on now." Tony swatted his hand towards Peter who quickly stepped back and nodded.

"I thought you could use this boy," Strange stated.

"So what is the plan now?" Clint asked, looking at the Strange whose brows had furrowed.

"Loki had been into the sanctum sanctorum to find me and the stone but obviously missed me. There are a few places he could be right now, depending on how much he knows."

"Wait, you're telling us you don't even know where he is?" Clint asked uneasily.

"Do I look like a seer or a GPS to you, Mister Barton?" Strange returned. Clint shrugged. "I mean, yes. To be honest, you very much look like somebody who could be able to do things like this."

Strange shortly closed his eyes and inhaled as if to try to win patience before opening them again. "God of thunder, what would your brother's next steps be?" he asked, addressing Thor.

"He will probably find ways to gain information through threatening and torture, maybe get a hostage or find new people to make his henchmen."

Strange uttered. "Well, very well. We're searching for a man that could be everywhere in this world and has the magic ability to teleport by the second."

"Indeed, my brother's magic abilities have been trained for hundreds of years by our mother herself. He is not to underestimate," Thor agreed, straightening the grip around Mjolnir.

"Proposal," Magnus raised his pointer finger. "From what we know, Loki leaves traces of radiation wherever he is. I say we spot the places where it is the highest and send teams to find him."

"That could work," Fury nodded, gesturing for Magnus to carry on. He nodded and started his intercom system.

"A.L.V.A.R, Radiation Tracing in New York. Single out the strongest ones."

"Yes, Magnus. I'm calculating," a deep voice clung through the sound system.

"Wait, is that–?" Tony was interrupted by the voice speaking up again.

"I spotted five places where the radiation is increased. Would you like me to set up the jet?"

"No, we're travelling by sorcerer." Magnus tapped his earpiece, and the voice faded out.