Chapter 3 - Gangsta Movie

The Avengers had assembled in the conference room after the water sprinklers had extinguished the fire. Sam was the last one to enter the room. He tilted an empty chair so that the water ran off and took a seat.

Finally, Tony cleared his throat and looked up. "I just got a message from security. A bomb exploded on the thirty-fourth level. There is no injured, only damage to the property. However, I thought maybe I could build a new lab there or a bar." He glanced through the room, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Where's our new little assassin girl?"

Everybody looked around, searching. Only Clint and T'Challa sat on their seats, having already noticed her absence. Slowly, T'Challa raised his hand and unfolded a small piece of paper. He began to read loudly.

"Herewith, I resign from my duties for the kingdom of Wakanda and their king T'Challa. For further information regarding the termination of the contract, please contact the office."

He put the paper on the table and crossed his arms. "I haven't seen Katta since I've dismissed her so she could take the rest of the day off. And this," he pointed at the paper, "must be the reason."

Steve frowned. "A termination?"

T'Challa nodded, his face bitter. "I broke our contract by bringing her to you. She was always loyal but certain that she would leave the moment I betrayed our agreement." His fist clenched as he thought about the situation. Katta had always been one of his most reliable employees, and he was the reason she was gone.

"So, where is she now?" Sam asked, looking around. "I wouldn't exactly call it a coincidence that she vanishes the exact moment the tower is crumbling to pieces. Anybody talked to her?"

"I have talked to Lady Katta", Thor said.

"What did you talk about?" Natasha asked curiously.

"I told her that I would "SHIP" her and my brother since both of them are great fighters, and he would like her," Thor explained.

A collective sigh went through the room. "That has most likely nothing to do with this." Clint shook his head, a hint of worry on his face. "She's not somebody who runs at the first difficulty. She didn't run when we last went to Russia, and there were plenty of people on her heels, ready to bring her head to the highest bidder."

"What do we have here?" Tony projected a scene from the security cameras to the vast TV. Bucky's face went warm as he saw the replay of himself talking to Katta only an hour ago.

"Enlighten us, Barnes. What could you have possible said that she went that angry." T'Challa demanded sharply, examining the scene.

"Hail Hydra," Bucky answered quietly. After a short moment of silence, he proceeded. "Her fighting style, how she behaved, how she secured T'Challa looked like they had trained her."

"And you thought the best way of addressing that subject was confronting her with their salutation without any kind of explanation?" Bruce asked. Bucky remained silent.

"The bomb that exploded was probably one of the few that she always hides in new locations - just in case." T'Challa rubbed his temples.

"How nice of you to inform us that there are sharp bombs in my building," Tony hissed in disbelief.

"She would have taken them back once we left," T'Challa retorted.

"Calm down, boys. That won't help us at all." Natasha interrupted. "F.R.I.D.A.Y, what can you tell us about the whereabouts of Katta?" she addressed the AI.

"Miss Harlovsen left the building twenty minutes ago. She altered her hairstyle. She then hacked into my system and looked for free rooms," the computer system said. Tony coughed.