Chapter 31 - Don't Cry For Me

Bucky and Erik carefully moved through the corridors, guns in their hands. Wordlessly, they walked from room to room. Bucky went first while Erik followed. Suddenly, Bucky stopped, raising his right hand. Erik instantly stopped and squinted his eyes.

Bucky moved his hand and held two fingers up, and then turned his hand upside down. Two people are in the next room. Putting down without killing. Seemed like the American soldiers were trained equally to the Norwegian.

Erik nodded. Bucky counted to three, and together, they barged into the room. Erik ran to the man closest and ripped the gun away from his hands before he had the chance to shoot. He grabbed his head by his hair and smashed it to his knee. The man sunk to the ground, unconscious. Erik bent down and pressed two fingers against his neck before he nodded. Not dead.

Bucky mirrored him before together they got ready to move into the next room.

"Position, captain?" Fenris whispered.

"We lost Arne," Steve's voice came back. Erik cursed under his breath. When Arne managed to hide away, he could be anywhere. After all, he was one of their best active spies. Even back then when he was under Lokis control. Erik turned his head to Bucky, and together, they worked from room to room.

〰〰〰

Fenris and Katta quietly went through one corridor. He'd figured that it would be best for them to exit the building. It was quiet. Almost too quiet. Fenris touched his earpiece.

"Report," he said, turning around. Katta stared at him with a blank expression. He would never get used to that. Nobody answered.

"Report," Fenris repeated. His palms began to sweat. Slowly, he took out his earpiece and looked at it. It blinked yellow - maintain mode. But that was only possible when one of them activated the respective function with the chip in their arms.

"We got hacked," he whispered to himself. A shadow moved by, and Fenris spun around. He pulled out a gun and got in position.

"Soldier," he said to Katta. She looked at him.

"Mission. Leave the building. Don't take commands from anybody but me. Confirm."

Katta nodded her head. "Mission confirmed." She turned around and began sprinting away when a person appeared in front of her. Fenris cursed as he saw Arne blocking her way. Katta raised her hands, but he had already lashed out and heavily slapped her head with a gun. She reluctantly sunk to the ground, groaning. Arne stepped over her barely moving body and Fenris's way.

〰〰〰

Katta blinked, looking around. She shook her head, trying to get rid of her spinning head. A nauseous feeling cramped up to her throat and bile rose. Katta bent forwards and vomited, coughing heavily. She stood up, inhaling deeply to fill her lungs with air. It felt like she'd just emerged from underwater. Her head spun with information, trying to piece together what was happening.

"KATTA."

She turned her head and wiped her mouth. Fenris had his teeth clenched as he tried to hold Arne in place, who struggled against him. Arne roared, bringing his elbow back into Fenris's guts. Katta stumbled their way, groaning as another sharp pain went through her head. She bent, holding her head.

Fenris again yelled for her but was interrupted by Arne breaking from his grip. He kicked against Fenris's knee. Another strike to his face sent him flying to earth. Arne's countless years as an active assassin made him superior against his cousin - super soldier or not.

Katta collected herself and examined her pockets and clothes for present weapons. Not a single one. Arne sat on Fenris's chest, his hands firmly wrapped around his throat, pressing. Katta sped up, jumping on his back. The impact sent them to earth while Fenris gasped for air, coughing.