Chapter 5 - SOS - STARK TOWER - UNHARMED - 5

The jet landed at the tower. Before anybody else could, Clint unfastened Katta's cuffs and hoisted her up. Carefully, he brought her towards one of the cells Tony had built after Loki's last attack on earth.

Clint laid her down on the mattress and examined her once more for weapons. When he lifted her shirt, he discovered long scars that went all over her abdomen. Clint had never seen marks like that before. They didn't look like fighting injuries, more like remnants of an operation.

"What else didn't you tell me, Katta," he sighed, rubbing his neck. He covered her with a blanket before closing the cell behind him. What came next wouldn't be easy - for either of them.

〰〰〰

Katta woke up to a pounding headache. It took her a few seconds to remember what had happened. She still had her gear on, but all her weapons had been taken away.

"Hi, Katta."

She moved her head to the side, her eyes slowly getting used to the darkness. Clint stepped out of the shadows and stopped in front of her cell.

"Barton," she huffed, propping herself up on the bed. He raised his hands, taking one step back.

"Take it easy. You've been heavily sedated," he said. Katta grimaced as she pushed herself up from the mattress. Her knees were shaky, and a wave of nausea coursed through her body.

"Katta, please," Clint came closer to the bars. "I'm sorry. I promised to protect you, and I still do."

Katta couldn't believe his ears. "You what? This is what you call protection, Barton? I'm in a cell. There is not a single wall, only bars. I don't know where we are, I--"

Her tongue became heavy, and she shook her head. "I--"

Clint grabbed the bars, watching her. "Katta, you're okay?"

She glared at him tiredly. Her eyes felt so heavy. And she could only let it happen. Her knees buckled, and she kneeled to the ground, taking deep breaths.

"G-Go," she drew out.

"But."

"I SAID GO," she yelled, peering up. Clint met her eyes for a few seconds before he turned on his heels, going away. She closed her eyes, and before she knew it, the sleep had dragged her under.

"Soldat Harlovsen", the uniformed general approached her.

"Yes, sir," Katta answered. She wore the same uniform as him, and her hair was put into a tight bun.

"The time has come to end your training. Congratulations, Soldier."

Katta only nodded.

"To finish your training and as a sign of loyalty, you will be given one last task." The man proceeded to talk while he pulled out a little notebook from his jacket. Two more soldiers approached Katta to get hold of her arms.

"Malice", the uniformed began to read. "October."

In expectation of what was going to come, Katta closed her eyes. She'd done it hundreds of times before. Still, every time, it felt like her brain was torn apart.

"Kaukasus - Subjugation."

Her inners spun around, and her head filled with dizziness. This part of the process was hurtful. The H.Y.D.R.A.-self pushed its way to the surface and suppressed her mind.

"Nightshade."

The soldiers firmed their grip as Katta started to fight against the modification.