20. His sadness

Divya Pov

Its been a week since Vidya aunty passed away. I have been went to his house but was chase out by his grandma asking me to not disturbing them.

So today I am determined to see Arjun as Vinay told me he look shattered and traumatized. He also told me that he didn't drop a tears all the days.

The news of him frightened me to the core and badly wanted to see him.Vinay promised to bring me to his house. We went to his house and this time his grandma couldn't send me away with Vinay my side.

It's a bit weird and sorrowful to go Arjun's house without Vidya aunty. I saw uncle with Yamuna lay on his lap, Atharva and Arjun sit on the floor near Vidya aunty picture.

Vinay went to sit beside uncle as he look so tired and sad with Yamuna crying on his lap. Aatharva look so worn out and rest his back at wall. Looking at Arjun's condition my heart feel so sad for him. I wanted to hug him. He look so broken and lifeless. He kept staring at aunty's picture without blinking his eyes. I also sit quietly beside Arjun on the floor.

After awhile Yamuna went back to her room. I then bring food for uncle and Aatharva after successfully persuade them to eat. Arjun didn't budge from his positions. Vinay and me also have some food with them.

After few hours, Arjun suddenly get up and went to his room. Everybody look at him with pain expressions. I don't know if I can follow him or not. So I signalled Vinay to go after Arjun.

After 30 minutes Vinay came down looking sad and asked me to go to Arjun's room as he don't know how to comfort him. I went to his room but shock with the conditions of room. Everything has been thrown on floor. The glasses and ceramics pieces were shattered on the floor. I look for Arjun and saw him collapse on the corner of bed side.

My heart is aching for him. I wanted to go near him but I'm scared that my presence will cause more pain. So I rooted at my place looking at him.

I started to clean his room as i scared Arjun will get hurt with broken pieces of glasses. After finish clean the room, I looked at him. He still sit at same place with his head rest on both of his knees and look so miserable. I wanted to comfort him but I don't know how as I never comfort anyone before.

After a moments, I heard groan sounds from Arjun. I just stand still and couldn't move a bit. He look so devastated at this moments. I can feel his pain by wanted to cry but the tears not helping him and it's make me feel heartbroken.

Then I slowly walked towards him and rest my hand on his left shoulder. But what Arjun did really surprised me to the core. I thought he will push me away or throwing fit towards me. He just grab my hand from his shoulder and pull me towards him. He pull me so strong and cause me to fall right into his lap. He then wrapped his arm around my waist and my back to pull me more to him. He just buried his face into my chest and starting to crying.

Its feel like he waited someone to approach him. Since I was startled with his act, I just freeze in his arms. I slowly took my hands and rubbing his back smoothly. He snuggle into me more. My t-shirt was wet with his tears and his mucus. We just staying like that for few hours.

Then, I slowly move back slightly while taking his face in my hands from my breast. He looking at me with tears in his eyes. I wipe the tears from his eyes. The more I wipe the more it's pour. Unknowingly my tears also fell down to my cheeks. I lean to him and kissed his forehead and stay in that position around 1 minute. He seems like don't mind it.

I tried to get up from his lap as it's already 10pm and I needed to go back to hostel but he didn't let me go. Arjun with pleading eyes ask me to stay with him today. How can I said no to his pleading.