Venti x Royal reader

A/N: i cant be bothered to edit this and it's too late to think straight so read at your own risk

♡♡♡

"Y/N, dont you think you've had enough practise today?" The knight Kaeya asked me, completely out of breath.

  "I believe in no such thing as too much practice," I spun my polearm through my fingers, giving him a cocky grin,"Though I suppose we can be done for today. You arent holding up too well," Kaeya was the head of knights that protected the Palace. Mother has him train me every other day.

  "I dont know what you mean by that, im holding up better than I did when I-" He cut off his sentence and turned away  to head back inside, "nevermind, practice is finished,"

  I turned around and headed in the opposite direction as him, over to the flower garden. The wind blew gently, making the small flowers move around. The air was sweet and cool. I closed my eyes and leaned against the flower beds.

  "Oh, hello there!" A squeaky voice let out. I whiped my head around to see who it was. No one was there. "Over here your majesty," I faced forward again only to be greeted by a young boy only centimeters from my face.

  He sat on top of me and continued to stare into my soul. He had a smile on his face that was so bright it could light up all of teyvat.

  "Who are you?" I asked. I didnt move him away from me- I was to shocked to do anything, really."

  "My name is venti! Im one of the butlers but you probably haven't seen me around,"

  "How come?"

  "I'm usually sitting here in the gardens playing the lyre! No one has anything for me to do most days," He moved back a little bit and motioned towards the lyre next to us. "This is the lyre der himmel,"

  "You named your instrument?" I laughed to myself quietly as he gasped. He looked almost offended.

  "Every being deserves a name. A name to be called upon and woven into a song, so will you share your fair name?"

  "I'm princess Y/N of Teyvat, but you can just call me Y/N," my face flushed as his eyes lit up.

  "Well, Y/N, I believe you have to go inside the Palace now. It's quite late."

  "R-right. Farewell, Venti," The boy rolled off of me and sat there, watching me walk away. I hoped to see him again soon. He seemed really sweet. His personality was fun and bubbly and to add to that he had quite the good looks.

  I looked at the time as I stepped foot into the Palace. Christ, it was quarter past five. I got too caught up in my own world I was late to dinner. Hurrily, I ran to the dinner table. I was still in the same ragged dress I wore to practice.

  "Mother, im sorry I'm late," I panted as I burst through the dining hall doors. She looked disappointed  as she rose from her chair and strutted over to me. She took a sniff and turned away.

  "You smell foulm you're all sweaty and disgusting, fetch a maid and wash yourself at once," Though her words stung, she was right. "Noelle, get someone to help her wash up," mother said as she waved her hand to shoo her away.

  "One problem, your majesty. All the maids are busy at the moment," Noelle said politely.

  "Then get one of the butlers to do it. I dont care who as long as it gets done. I cant handle the smell of this vile girl much longer,"

  "Yes, your majesty," she bowed and took my arm, dragging me along to the baths. "You stay here, I'll be back with one of the butlers,"

  "I-it's fine, I'd rather do it on my own than have a guy here," Even the thought of it flustered me. It would be far too embarrassing...

  "Nonsense, all the butlers are very respectful. And you mustn't go against the queen, your majesty, " Before I could argue, the maid already left. I stood there, unsure of what to do. I'll just ask the butler to leave or close his eyes. I turned on the tap, making sure the temperature was just right since no one else could make it how I liked it but I never had the heart to tell them that.

  "So we meet again, Y/N," I jumped slightly at the sudden noise coming from behind.

  "Venti?" I looked at him and he gave me a goofy grin, happy that I remembered his name.

  "The one and only! Noelle told me the stuck up bi- ehe, I mean the queen, said you needed a bath so im here to help!" I giggled at that comment he made. I mean, im not going to disagree with him, but it's better I don't agree with him aloud since she's my mother.

  "You dont have to help me bathe, it would probably be uncomfortable for the both of us," he let out a small sigh of relief. He was probably just as nervous as I was at how uncomfortable that would have been.

  "But what about the b- the queen's order?" Venti had a worried expression on his face. I looked up at the ceiling momentarily as I thought.

  "Why don't you stay and just face the opposite direction?" He stared at me wide eyed, in shock by what I had said.

  "Uh, okay. Are you sure?"

  "I dont see why not. But if you turn around without permission, I'll cut your throat out," He paused for a minute before confusing me with a mischievous grin.

  "What do you mean 'permission?'" Venti asked. Heat rose in my face. I quickly turned away, facing the bath again to fiddle with the faucets and check the temperature.

  "P-poor word choice. You get the idea"

  "You're right, I do get the idea of what you're trying to say,"

A/N 2: im too tired for this bullshit goodnight. I hope this wasn't so terrible you cringed to your lower intestine, pls give me synonyms for random descriptive words. Also, ill edit this later. Im already aware there's too much speech and shit like that. Im going to bed tho so gn:)