Venti x Stressed reader

I hate crying. I must admit I cry quite a bit. Not something I can really help  but I will if I can. or at least in tear worthy situations I try to keep my composure for as long as I can until I am able to go to an appropriate place. Alone. So no one can see how weak I actually am.

"Y/N! Good morning!" Venti said in his usual, cheerful voice as he stuck his head through the crack of my door. But the smile soon left his face after seeing me sitting at my desk with my hands clasping my face, tears streaked down my face. my eyes were all red and puffy from crying for as long as I have. Shit, this was embarrassing.

I tried to rub at my eyes and cheeks in hopes that maybe- if he even knew what it was, he's been practically dead for over 500 years- that I've just been smoking weed, though it would probably be just as disappointing if he thought that low of me. And just as I expected, he doesn't think that low of anybody. Venti shoved the door open and rushed over to me with his arms open, wrapping me in a gentle hug as he rubbed my back, whispering that it was okay over and over in my ear. I buried my face into his shoulder (probably soaking his hoodie, but he never complained,)and he hugged me harder.

we stayed like that for several minutes before pushing himself back, still having his hand around my waist. "what happened?" I glanced at my computer screen. 127 Overdue assignments starting from the beginning of January up until now. I promised all of my teachers that despite any issues (mainly regarding my mental health,) i would make school work my main priority so I don't fall any more behind than I already was. Unfortunately, that didn't go quite as planned. You see, when you have a plan to kill yourself you don't really concern yourself with hours and hours- god, not even. weeks and weeks worth of school work that you haven't turned in. but now I don't have any (solid) plan to kill myself and instead have to suffer through the consequences of what I've done.

Venti understood what the problem was and grabbed my hands, holding my fingers tightly for reassurance. "I may be dumb as a rock sometimes but I've been alive for nearly 3,000 years so if I'm old then I'm wise," we both laughed at his words, but they were quite sweet, "Let me help you with your homework, I promise i wont let you fail. Please, your eyebags are so dark, youve been up all night, take a nap," Before I could refuse, the boy scooped me up, wobbling a little as he stood but careful not to drop me.

"I cant, I really need to do the school work. I cant leave it all up to you while I'm over here counting sheep,"

"Don't underestimate counting sheep, that takes some very impressing math skills so you must be amazing for effortlessly counting sheep. You've been through a lot the past few months yet people are only worried about youre work rather than youre health so let me help you, " He said breathily as he tried to carry me to the bed. He's told me before it isnt because im heavy, he's just really weak. Which that point was proved to me when kaeya handed him klee and he nearly died- and not just from her explosions this time.

He carefully set me down on the bed, gasping for air after struggling to support my weight. "Dear barbatos, i need to work out," he put his hand out to tell me to stay there as he ran to his room to get something. he hurried back with a lyre and a stupid smile plastered across his face. He sat on the foot of my bed and cleared his throat, "Imma play you a song i wrote 2 seconds ago to help you sleep. I named it 'please go to sleep',"

He sang a sweet lullaby that he made up on the spot. the lyrics were most questionable so we giggled through the whole thing, but eventually his songs made my eyes heavy until i couldn't keep them open anymore.

"Good night, Y/N, I love you," Venti said as he stretched his arms and legs before sitting down at the computer and getting to work.

A/N: bruh. bro. bro fam. my guy. my drilla. homie. home fam. home slice. I actually really hate this but if you like it then thanks i guess. i started it at 8am and now im a furry (im not really dont drown me) but anyway, venti was inspired by one of my dear "f r ie nd s." shes really sweet, I love her :) good bye my bruh bro bro fam guy drilla homie home fam home slices and ill update again soon. pls give more suggestions and i will happily write them, but not without struggle

A/n a year later: omg that "friend" was mt ex gf this is awkward now