Sick Venti x reader

unedited

--You and venti live together, kinda modern times mixed with mondstadt times? you'll see what i mean. AND YOU ARENT A BLOOMING HOUSE WIFE, you just enjoy doing things for venti like preparing his food or tiding up to save him the burden, though he always offers to do it himself--

In sickness and in health

"Good morning, Y/N" I heard venti shuffling behind me as a prepared his breakfast. He normally has toast with strawberry cream cheese and a plate of apple slices.

"Good morning, Venti. did you sleep well?" i asked as i turned around to face him. the smile dropped from my face almost immediately. "What's happened? are you okay?"

He gave a weak smile, about to tell me he was fine. His face was pale, his eyes sinking with exhaustion. He was shaking slightly, barely able to support his own weight while sitting. His face lost all colour apart from his cheeks and nose which were blushed over. "I'm okay, i just need a cup of water is all," He stood up from the chair in a failed attempt to get water. his legs collapsed, though i rushed over and caught him before he fell.

"venti.." i mumbled under my breath, worry visible in my voice. He laid in my arms as we sat on the cold floor. he was still shaking and coughing as I held him yet he has the audacity to say he's fine. He was burning up. After a short amount of time, i picked him up bridal style to carry him to bed.

"Where are you going? i have a performance today, it's a bard's job to entertain the people" He said in a small voice. I gently set him upright on the bed, holding him in place as he tried to get up.

"You worked yourself sick last night, didnt you? How much sleep did you get?" I looked at him, trying to look more stern to hide how scared i was for him. He giggled, looking slightly pained.

I walked off to the kitchen to bring him his breakfast. his toast went cold so obviously i ate it (or if you feel more comfortable, put it in the compost) and made him a new slice. only one as he was probably too ill to eat much. I made a happy face with the apple slices since he probably needed it. He really was looking forward to his performance today, I just wish hed put his own health before his work.

I brought the plate back to the room for him along with the glass of water that he asked for. "knock knock, venti, im coming in," i carefully opened the door to see him scribbling away at his desk despite the fact he should be in bed. "I swear if i get my hands on you-" I cut myself off as he gave me another weak smile, still writing.

"I need to finish this by noon for my show- It's a new song, It's about you!" He giggled and kicked his legs before he started coughing again. I set down the tray of food and led the boy back to bed. I brushed the hair out of his face as I sat on the end of the bed. my hand found its way to his cheek end he nuzzled into my palm, my heart near exploded out of my chest. I bent down placing a small kiss on his forehead, making him laugh again. I sat there, gently stroking his face until he finally fell asleep. He looked absolutely exhausted yet he still continued to work. and writing it for me none the less. he really amazes me.

"I love you," I whispered as i got up, closing the door behind me.

"I love you too, Y/N,"

A/N: YAWL, YOU WISH YOU HAD MY MOTIVATION RIGHT NOW. My ability to do everything apart from school work is truly a gift from barbatos. Someone suggested a sick reader x venti but i didnt know what to do for that lwkjerblejhb so i just did this. I hope you enjoyed!!