Venti X Studying Reader

A/N: As promised, here is your venti x reader. Its 1am and I haven't slept in a solid 30 something hours and I have a throat infection LMAO I feel like death. But I got cast as Vivienne in legally blonde and I did well on my exams so here you go. As a reward. Excuse any typing errors, I have to charge my phone on my alarm clock so I'm writing with my two pointer fingers while my phone is flat down. Its very difficult, but my battery is at 4%. Who to charges their phone with an alarm clock?? A massive brick alarm clock.

  "Y/N, you're home! You've been so silent for the past 7 hours I thought you went somewhere, " Venti leaned against my door frame strumming his lyre. I knew he probably wanted me to hear his new song, but I don't have enough time.

  I mumbled a short "mm" in response and continued typing away at my laptop, then scribbling random words on my notebook next to it. I've been working for so long I don't even know what I'm reading or writing at this point, my brain feels completely numb and my eyes are blurry from the strain of my screen. Only, what, 5 more hours left?

  "What are you doing? You've been in here for like, ever now. Come out! Ive been writing a song recently, and its about yo-"

  "I don't have time for this right now, Venti, get out!" I snapped at him. I stood up to drag him out the door, but I suddenly was hit with a dizzy spell and fell to the ground. Venti dropped his lyre and came running over to try and help, but I pushed him aside and sat back down at my overflowing desk. "Go away, I'm studying,"

  Through my peripheral vision I saw venti slugging himself out of my room, clearly sulking. He was so overdramatic. The thing about that stupid bard is that he has absolutely no responsibility. All he ever does is mess around and play his lyre. "Can I help at all? You should take a break, you haven't even eaten today,"

  "You don't even know what I'm doing. You don't even do anything anyway! So can you stop bothering me when never once in your life have you EVER worked hard?" I don't know why I was so angry. "Not everyone is freaking born lucky. People like me- actually, most people- have to try in life if they want to get ahead. We can't spend every single chance we get crawling around on the floor and... and.. okay, I don't know what you were doing. But I don't have the time for you, so get out!"

  The bard seemed to have gotten the message now. He closed the door and left me alone. I stared at my screen blankly for about 5 minutes. Oh God. I was a real bitch. Shit.

  I pushed my chair back without a second thought and ran out to go and find Venti, but I couldn't find him in any of the other rooms in the house. "Venti? Where are you?" Oh god was way too harsh on him. "Venti? I'm sorry, I just-"

  "It's okay, I.. I get it," I hear a choked sob coming from one of our wooden cabinets in the kitchen. Our alcohol cupboard.

  "Oh my god. What on earth are you doing in there?" I let out a soft laugh as I opened the small doors. Venti was crammed into a little ball at the back surrounded by about 20 is empty bottles of wine. Its only been 5 minutes how on earth... "Can we talk for a bit? I'm sorry, I'm not mad at you,"

  Venti nodded and wiped away his tears. The bottles clicked and rolled around as I tried to push them out if the way and clear a path, but there were way too many for that to work, so I grabbed venti by his back and his legs and pulled him out of the cupboard like a baby.

  "I'm sorry, Y/N, I didn't mean to *hic* make you mad, I just *hic* wanted you to take a break for a little bit *hic*" The boy slurred his words and buried his face in my shirt. We were sat against the island on the floor with him in my lap clinging around my neck. I rocked back and fourth and hugged him. I was such a bitch.

  "I know, love, I don't mean anything I said. I'm just under a lot of pressure because of my exams tomorrow, but that isn't a good excuse. I'm sorry I snapped at you." He looked at me with his big, sad, green eyes and my heart absolutely shattered. "You're one of the most hard working people I know, lord barbatos. I mean, mondstadt itself is proof of everythingyou've done for an entire city of people, not to mention everything you've done before this. You're amazing and extremely talented, and super funny. Maybe not the smartest, but every other qualityyou have can make up for the fact you have the brain of a slime," He giggled and I brushed his cheek with my hand.

  "I wrote a song *hic* for you if you want to hear it now,"

  "Of course I want to hear it! Let's go to your room now, this tile is hurting my butt for real,"

A/N: okay im done. I'm not gonna proof read it or edit anything because I don't care. LOVE YOU ALL STAY SAFE GOODNIGHT DONT FORGET THE GIVEAWAY I MENTIONED💕💕