Venti x fatui reader

unedited

--im not too sure how to write this one so bear with me here--

"So were really doing this, huh?" I panted.

"Hell yeah we're doing this, girlie" Childe responded with a cheeky grin, also out of breath. I've never done this before so i was mostly unsure of how, but Childe was good at giving instructions and led me through everything before hand so i knew what to do with him guiding me up close.

Of course, the plan was to steal Venti's gnosis. what else would it be?

we hid behind the church walls, trying to keep our breath silent and steady so we dont get caught, but we ran all the way from storm terrors lair to catch up with venti so we were still out of breath which made it quite difficult to keep our breaths steady.

"Why are you guys hiding?" A quiet voice whispered. me and childe jumped in unison, turning around to find venti crouching down next to us with a sly smile plastered on his face. I sat there, unsure of what to do. this was most unexpected. I looked to Childe for any hints or instructions but he was just as perplexed as i was. Venti continued to stare at us with knowing eyes. "Well? why are you hiding suspiciously behind the church walls at night, only able to see through very dim light when no one else is around?"

"Y/N, now," Childe whispered under his breath to me. I jumped up and tackled venti within the blink of an eye. he was pinned under me, almost completely unable to move. i tried to reach for his gnosis but was stopped by an abrupt gust of wind blowing up my skirt. I pushed it down, releasing venti from my grip as he giggled.

"you son of a-" I stood to my feet and ran after him as fast as i could, almost completely forgetting about the gnosis. "Gotcha"

My grip around him tightened. My arms were wrapped around his waist tightly. He tried to wriggle out but ultimately failed. He leaned his head back into the crook of my neck. A sudden gust of wind blew again but not quite as aggressively as before. It was gentle and warm. Before i noticed, it was completely dark out, the only thing illuminating mondstadt was he moon and stars. It smelled amazing- the air was thin and sweet as flowers.

Wait a damn minute.

I reached into venti, slowly pulling out his gnosis. i closed my hand over it, my heart beating fast. from the power it held, of course. Venti jumped forward and turned around to face me, ready to attack.

"Why'd you have to ruin the moment?" Venti whined. I got into my fighting stance, ready to protect the gnosis from him no matter what it took- Until i saw it. He was smiling as he normally does but this time, a ray of emotion shone through. He looked afraid; vulnerable. I softened my stance, my arms suddenly going weak. Why am i against him?

"Y/N, why did you join the fatui?" His question rung through my ears. Why did i join the fatui? I dont know.. i was lonely and i was afraid of who i would be if i want always the strongest or if i didnt always come out on top. I wanted to show the world I could actually be worth something for a change; are those actually good reasons? or just a cover up? why... why did i join the fatui?

I lowered my head slightly and walked towards venti. I pressed my lips next to his ear and whispered something so only he could hear. His eyes widened as he stared at me in shock. I dropped the gnosis into his hand and walked away.

"wait dont leave yet!" I heard the boy yell. I turned around only to be run into as venti knocked me to the ground with a hug despite what i had just told him and despite the fact i tried to steal his gnosis. "Mondstadt will always- no, I will always welcome you,"

________________

"Where is it?" Childe asked me as i returned to him empty handed.

"I'm sorry, I dont think I can be apart of the fatui anymore," I averted my eyes so i wouldnt have to face him but to my surprise he just laughed.

"I'm not surprised really. Nor am i disappointed. It's a difficult job and you never wanted to join to begin with, did you?" He pushed my head against his chest in a one armed hug as I started tearing up. "Dont worry about it, we can hang out just as much as we did before, we're friends after all," He released me and shoo'ed me off with a smile, knowing i had one last thing i needed to do.

________________

"Welcome, what can i get for you tonight?" The bartender asked me as he continued drying a cup.

"I'll just take water please," I replied. Venti turned his head abruptly at the sound of my voice. I nervously fidgeted with the skin on my finger as i sat down next to him. "I'd like to apologise. I probably shouldnt speak of why here but it's quite obvious." I gave a weak laugh, holding back my tears. "But i would also like to thank you for what you said. No one has ever said that to me before, especially with such kindness and honesty in their voice. Even after what i did."

"here," Diluc set down the glass in front of me. I thanked him and turned back to venti.

"Lastly, I wanted to know if it's okay to ask... Can i stay in mondstadt?" He gave me a sweet smile, that alone answered my question.

"I will always welcome you here. Mondstadt isnt the city or freedom for nothing,"

We stayed in the bar together for the rest of the night, leaving any consequences to be delt with tomorrow.

A/N: YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE NO INSPIRATION AND THAT WRITING THIS WOULD BE A PAIN IN THE ASS BUT I REALLY LIKED IT AJSBFLSDBDLI I hope you enjoyed if you actually read it, dear lord.mI didnt think it would be 1000 words long.

A/N PT 2: GUYS I HATE IT WHERE DID I GO WRONG IN LIFE

A/N PT 3: WAIT IT'S NOT THAT BAD?? LIKE, IT'S PACED HORRIBLY AND ACTUALLY KINDA BAD BUT IT OXULD VE A LOT WORSE?