Venti x reader

TW: suicide, suicide note

I always try to smile. to laugh. to put on a happy face. but no matter how much i mask my emotions, it doesn't hide how I actually feel. Well, it hides it from anyone but myself. I can only hold it together for so long and if you're reading this, I've already fallen apart. I would never deny that suicide is the easy way out, but aren't people more drawn to things that take less effort? Sloth is a seven deadly sin for a reason, but its only human instinct to pick the path that requires less effort. So here I am. Here we are.

The life i lived was more than satisfying. In fact, up until these past months, I've led a life some could only dream of living. If you asked why I felt the need to kill myself I probably couldn't give you a reasonable answer. I just know I've already lived out my life and now its time for it to end.

That being said, no matter how much satisfaction i felt in my life, like anyone there were downsides as well. The pressure put on me to become a perfect person- to be a perfect weight, a perfect body type, a perfect voice, a perfect face, perfect grades- I couldn't handle the fact that despite my efforts, I couldn't attain any of it. I wasn't perfect and I just don't want to have to see myself everyday and take pity on myself because of it. I didn't want to have to see other people everyday and let them see through the cracks, revealing that I'm actually not a perfect person.

I really thank whomever is reading this for the life they gave me. A life that was actually worth living for the time i lived it. I'm sorry it had to end this way but it was inevitable. No amount of rainbows and kittens and joyous words could change this outcome.

Now the long awaited final paragraph. I want nothing more but for you to live out your life to the fullest without me. Live happily for the both of us. Don't think back on the memories of me with sorrow. The fate of our lives together is left up to you alone.

yours,

Y/N

Venti looked up at me, tears threatening to spill onto the paper he shakily gripped. "Why didn't you tell me you felt like this?" He whispered. I looked down at my twiddling thumbs, unable to face the poor boy.

"I didn't want you to worry about me. You already have so much on your plate, you don't need anything more to deal with," I regret looking up at him. He looked at me, a part of him shattered as the tears previously mentioned rolled down his cheeks, dripping onto the page and meeting their end.

"Y/N, you're the love of my life. I want nothing more than for you to just be happy. You've been struggling for so long and I... I didn't even notice..." The paper fell to the floor, Venti brought his hands up, covering his face almost entirely. His beautiful eyes widened, struck with an unreadable emotion I've never seen on him before. His beautiful eyes I planned on never seeing again. "Your feelings aren't a burden, you shouldn't have to go through this all alone. I love you so much, I don't even want to imagine a life without you,"

"I know, it was selfish of me I'm sorry-" Venti cut me off, rushing to my side, melting into my touch completely. The touch I never thought he would feel again.

The room was completely silent with the exception of our occasional sniffling. we just sat there, holding one another as though we were afraid it would be the last time- most likely because he actually WAS afraid it would be the last time. The smell of apples and fabric softeners clouded my head as I buried my face into Venti's shoulder. A sent i never thought i would smell again.

The silence was broken by the bard's small voice. "I don't want you to feel like this anymore.. I want you to be happy again- but for real this time, okay? Is there anything I can do to make you feel better? Can I help you want to live again?"

I mumbled some inaudible words in response. Probably not even words, just an inaudible string of pointless letters. He laughed softly and pulled me closer (if that was even possible.)

"you arent selfish. Not at all. But even so, you arent in a position to think about other people. It's okay to be selfish sometimes," Venti said, his voice cracking with emotions every once and a while. For the next hour he would occasionally whisper about how he loved me and it would all be okay, though after a long silence, i looked up at him so find he had fallen asleep. I smiled and sighed, returning to my original position in his arms.

He was so exhausted from worry. He was telling me the whole time that he loved me and it would be okay but i didnt give him any reassurance that i wouldnt leave him.

"I love you so much you stupid bard," I whispered as i placed a kiss on his puffy, red cheek. "It's going to be okay, I promise."

A/N: GUYS I MUST SAY, this was not my suicide note LMAO. IT WAS JUST SUPPOSED TO BE RELATABLE FANFICTION BASED OFF SMTH I SAW. IM NOT EDGY AND STUFF, THAT ISNT ABOUT ME