Chapter 11

Rose's POV

After we bought the clothing, we piled into the car. We drove silence, and I peered longings out the window.

Is the Doctor moving on? Has he found someone better than me? Has he moved on, especially so quickly?

The stop of the engine hum interrupted my thoughts, and we got out, leaving the days purchases in the car.

Martha walked up to her apartment, obviously tired of the long day we had, especially since we spent most of the time standing or walking.

Mum and I walked into the apartment, which smelt strongly of paint. "This will be quite uncomfortable to sleep in. But we painted the kitchen, and I'm assuming you bought paint for the baby's room?" Dad asked, and I snapped out of my recurring fantasy of the Doctor coming back, and taking me back to the TARDIS.

"Yep, it's called 'Time Vortex Blue', but it isn't the actual colour of the time vortex. I considered putting in a complaint, but, you know, don't need the whole hardware store thinking I'm loony." I answered.

Dad looked at me quizzically, and looked back at Mum who shrugged.

"Anyways, the paint hasn't dried yet, so we are sleeping in the new apartment tonight." Dad said, twirling a tiny paintbrush between his fingers, and I ran into my room.

This is all happening so fast. Am I really ready to have a child? Especially a child who reminds me of the Doctor.

"You little show off!" I hear Mum shrill at Dad, who chuckles. I get off my bed and peak my head out the door.

Dad is balancing a paintbrush on his nose, and Mum is laughing hard, an trying to get irritated.

I rolled my eyes, and walked back into my room and laid down on my back. I looked on my dresser an saw something I didn't recognize. I saw a package, wrapped in TARDIS blue wrapping paper and gold curling ribbon, creating little bows with curled ends.

I carefully untied the bows, and putting the ribbon beside me. I steadily flipped the present over and pulled the corners off, slipping out the rectangle contained in the paper.

It was two books; one was 'A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy' by Douglas Adams, and the other, 'What to Expect When You're Expecting' by Heidi Murkoff and Sharon Mazel.

I smiled, and place the paper and ribbon in the wastebasket beside the bed. I walked back over to my dresser and put the books down. When I placed them, a small card slipped out.

To Rose, my Bad Wolf, to find your Wolf Cub, and eventually me.

Love, The Doctor

The card was the same colour as the wrapping, and the ink was the same colour as the ribbon.

I traced my fingers across the letter, and flecks of gold from the ink transferred to my fingers.

I changed into my PJs, and slept on top of the sheets, the card laying right beside me. That night, I dreamed that the Doctor was laying right there beside me. No holograms, no other companions, just him and me, in our own little world.

GALLIFREYAN AUTHOR'S NOTE

Short chapter again. Did the Doctor actually send her the package? Or was it Jackie, Pete, Martha or Jack?

I need you guys to tell me this...... Should the baby be a boy or girl? And I want baby names!

I HAVE PURPLE HAIR!!!!

COMMENT VOTE AND FAN!!!!