Chapter 24

Rose POV

It was hours after Jack and Martha left, and minutes after Mum and Dad left. News was slowly getting out that there was a new baby in the building, and a few older couples had stopped by, to see little Clara.

I glanced over at the digital clock on the TV, 9:56 pm glaring back at me. I yawned, and Clara yawned, almost in response.

I guess yawns really are contagious.

I stood up, with Clara curled up in my arms. We walked to her room, so I could get her ready for bed.

I changed her diaper, and tossed the dirty one in a small garbage bin beside the change table. After Clara's diaper was changed, I slid a pink onesie on her, and scooped her up in my arms so I could sit in her rocking chair, with her to tell her a story.

"I'm going to tell you a story, Clara. This is a story I never want you to forget. Once upon a time, there was a girl who worked in a shop, in London. She was going to deliver some money, but she was attacked by plastic, window shop dummies. She was saved, though. She was saved by a man who grabbed her hand, and yelled 'Run!'. This man became her best friend, and they traveled together, through the stars. Soon, they became something more. They would do anything, even break time and space for each other. Not long after, they lost each other. It was heart breaking. The girl had a baby, and the man kept on travelling. But in her heart, she knew that the man was still looking. And in his hearts, he knew she was looking for him." I said softly, tears starting to pool in my eyes.

Through my blurred vision, I could see my daughter's eyes were closed, and she wasn't stirring, meaning she was asleep. As soon as I wiped my eyes off, I put her in her crib, and laid her down.

The lights were all turned of, with the exception of a lamp, that was casting a pinkish glow around the room.

"Good night." I whispered, before heading off to my own room to get ready for bed.

By the time I got ready for bed, I was so tired, I could have fallen asleep in the bathtub. I slid into my bed, and fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

*

Almost a blink later, I awoke to Clara's cries. I got up, and trudged sleepily towards her room. I picked her up, and rocked her. After changing her diaper, I walked over to Clara's crib, and say something unusual.

I saw a sonic screwdriver.

GALLIFREYAN AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey!

Sorry about my lack of updates, but I've had an extremely busy week or so, with lots of projects due, and stuff.

I have made an important decision about the story. I will be doing brief timeskips, to help move the story along. I don't want to drag on with Clara as an infant, so In the next couple of chapters she will say her first word, etc.