Chapter 19

Martha POV

I walk around the infirmary, scanning my surroundings. There were all the medical instruments I use in the maternity ward, including an ultrasound machine. On a stand beside the operating table, there was a stand with a hospital gown and mask for me.

There's a shelf with extra medical supplies

"Bring Rose by the hospital bed!" I yelled. Jackie and Pete wheeled her towards us. I put on a mask, and pulled the cords behind my ears.

Rose wasn't moving, but every once in a while, she would utter a few words like 'Doctor' or 'Baby'.

Jack and Amy helped me lift Rose off the gurney and place her on the operating table. They began to prep her for the C-section.

I walk over to Jackie and Pete. "Mr. and Mrs. Tyler, you may not want to watch. As Rose's friend, its a little hard to watch, but, as a doctor, I have to."

They nodded. Pete got up, and opened the door, and Jackie following not far behind.

I turn around to see Amy putting the gown on Rose. "No peeking!" Amy said in a playful tone, to Jack who had his back turned to the table.

I smiled through my mask, but stopped after a few seconds. "Do you guys want to be my lovely assistants?" I ask.

Jack doesn't look too eager, while Amy nods. "Delivering a baby is on my bucket list." She says, tying her hair back, and pulling up her sleeves.

"I'm just gonna go." Jack says, walking towards the door, and slipping outside.

"Sissy." Amy whispered, before we both completely lost it, laughing our heads off. I walked over to one of the cabinets, and I passed a mask and lab coat to her. "Put these on."

She slipped the coat sleeves on her arms, and slipped the bands of the mask behind her ears.

I grabbed a marker off the table to mark the areas of incision. "Scalpel." I said. Amy passed it to me.

*

After several incisions, I see the outline of the baby. The baby was making no noise, but I could see the baby's chest move, with every breath that entered its lungs.

I picked up the baby. "What gender is the baby?" Amy asked, inching over the operating table.

I was about to speak, on the verge of speaking, when I say something in the corner of my eye.

The baby's arms and legs were starting to glow a strange gold. "I've never seen a baby do that." I muttered.

I placed the baby on the empty gurney, out of the sheer panic, and stepped back. The golden glow began to grow, until it came out, in waves. The few features I was able to see began to change.

The child's red hair was becoming dark, and its pale skin became olive.

When the golden retracted back into the child's body, I picked it up.

"Amy, you were a lovely assistant. Now, I'm gonna stitch Rose up, and I want you to get the baby ready, to meet its Mommy and grandparents."

She nodded, and took the baby from my arms, bringing it to a nearby table, and began to wipe the baby down.

I turned to Rose. "My friend, this has been one hell of a journey."

GALLIFREYAN AUTHOR'S NOTE

I promised the baby would be born, but I never said the gender would be revealed!!

#Moffat

#FandomCruelty

The gender will be revealed, and I will give a shoutout to the user who gave me the name, along with an explanation of why I chose it.

This is for the sassiest of the sass masters, like myself, out there. Tell your parents that your sass comes from "the copious amounts of British Television" you watch.

Thanks to all who have stuck with me since the beginning, for you are the coolest cats that have ever been the bomb dot com ever.

COMMENT VOTE AND FAN!!!!!!