Chapter 23

Doctor POV

Martha and I run back into the TARDIS, shutting the doors behind us. The faint sound of laser beams echo around us, but fade away.

I go over to the controls, enter coordinates, and pull on a few levers. Martha grabs on to a railing, and waits for the TARDIS to take off.

The TARDIS begins to make noise.

VWOOP VWOOP VWOOP VWOOP VWOOP VWOOP VWOOP VWOOP

"Let's not do that again." Martha said, trying to catch her breath.

I smile. "The traveling-to-other-planets part, or the almost-getting-killed-by-the-life-forms-living-on-said-planet part. Because really, they're the same thing." I say, and she laughs.

We landed back on Earth. Martha turned to me, a sad, but dead serious look in her eyes. "Doctor, I think I should go. I want to become an actual doctor, and I can't go gallivanting through time and space, when people need me.m. Also, you've never shown the slightest interest in me. You still obviously love Rose, and now, you have a daughter. Take care." She says, walking towards the doors.

It takes me a few seconds to comprehend what's happened.

Martha's gone.

Because of Rose.

I never thought I would lose someone because of someone else.

"Martha, wait," I began, and she turned back around with a huff. "Do you at least want to know what my daughter's name is?" I ask, hoping for her to stay on the TARDIS a little longer.

She takes in an exasperated breath. "Sure, and I'll pop the champagne when I get home, too." Martha spoke with bits of sarcasm prickling in her voice.

I take in a deep breath. "My daughter's name is Clara Beatrice August Tyler, and she is the first half-human-half-timelord child ever."

GALLIFREYAN AUTHOUR'S NOTE

Sorry again about the short chapter. But in my defence, you get not one chapter, but two chapters, so there isn't much to complain about.

I have a cold and I lost my voice, sadly. On the bright side, I sound kind of like a Dalek, so I'm somewhat happy about that.

Next chapter I will answer your questions. So please comment them now, so I can set them up in writing, and answer them.