Chapter 22

((TIMESKIP TO ROSE'S APARTMENT))

Rose POV

I opened up the door to my apartment, Clara in an infant car seat in one hand, keys in the other.

I pushed the key into the lock, and turn it, until I get a small click. I pull the key out, and open the door.

The smell of paint instantly hit me, and I looked around. Nothing looked different.

Jack and Martha followed me inside. "Rose, Torchwood never gave you clearance to bring Clara home." Jack said, matter-o-factly.

I ignored him as I pulled Clara out of the car seat, and followed the scent of paint.

The smell had come from Mum and Dad'd old room, or Clara's new room. The walls of the room had a slight sheen, almost like stars.

The furniture was all put together, and there was a note on top of the dresser.

For the Wolf Cub, enjoy!

Love Uncle Mickey

How thoughtful of Mickey. He completely disapproved of me having this baby, and he set up all the furniture.

I walked towards the dresser and pulled open one of the drawers. The baby clothing was folded neatly, and freshly washed.

I smiled. I still can't get over this gesture. He still cares about me, and my baby he hasn't even met, yet.

Clara began to cry a little. "Guys, do you mind? I think Clara is hungry." Martha nodded, but Jack smirked. "Are you sure you don't need help?" He asked, before Martha grabbed Jack by the ear, pulling him out to the living room.

*

After Clara was done nursing, I burped her, and we joined Martha and Jack in my living room.

"Clara is absolutely adorable!" Martha cooed, gently tickling Clara's tummy. She tried to make noise, a coo of admiration or approval, but nothing but the shaking of her hands.

Jack laughed. "Torchwood will want her back, at some point. Maybe you should work at Torchwood, so they can observe Clara, while you work."

I glanced down at Clara, who was bouncing in my lap. She looked up at me and smiled.

"I'll consider it."

GALLIFREYAN AUTHOR'S NOTE

Sorry for the shorter chapter. I thought this would be a good way to end it for you guys.

PUBLISHING A DAY EARLY LIKE A BOSSS

HOW WAS EVERYBODY'S MARCH BREAK? OR ST. PATRICK'S DAY?

mine was a day of travelling, and I have these bright, shimmering, green headphones, and a flight attendant complimented on them. The chapter is early, because I'm traveling back home to Cold, Old Canada tomorrow.